Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I must fish the weber wrong
Late posting this:

I fished the middle Weber just above Echo Res last Saturday. I caught around a million planter bows, and not a single brown. I am still yet to hook a nice brown on the weber. I continue to fish the Provo bc I don't have the same success on the Weber as I do the Provo. I must be doing it all wrong. I mean, it was still a fun day and beautiful weather but you can only catch so many planter trout before you long even more for the wild brownies.

As the day was ending I did stop on the lower part of the Weber and found a few Redds with fishing on them. I only got a few fish to look at my orange glow bug but none willing to commit. Probably deserves me right for even targeting those fish. The Weber continues to frustrate me Sad
[signature]
I was on the lower weber last weekend,water levels are pretty low, generally just bouncing a scud or a prince nymph produces a number of browns. Hopefully we get a wet winter to bring water levels up but I would think if you're catching bows, browns shouldn't be much different.
[signature]
No kidding! This "El Nino" year better live up to all the hype.
[signature]
[quote aspiringflymstr]No kidding! This "El Nino" year better live up to all the hype.[/quote]

Yep looking forward to it myself
[signature]
Bead head prince, Black AP nymph, Sow Bugs all are good. Key is get them deep, keep them deep. Should be hooking the bottom & the occasional whitefish to show you are in the zone.
[signature]
If you want to catch a some big browns on the weber, PM me, I'll take you streamer fishing one morning. You can read about streamer fishing the Weber on my website www.elevatedangling.com
[signature]
We are just opposite, I do ok on the Weber but struggle on the Provo for some reason.

humpy
[signature]
Maybe we need to swap knowledge 😜
[signature]
I went out yesterday. I went to where I found the reds at the end of the day last week. I decided to leave the fish alone that were on their reds and instead I focused on the deep pools directly beneath the reds. I caught a mess of browns in the 10-14" range but nothing note or photo worthy. Still a fun day! I hooked a couple that might've pushed 16" but I didn't land them. I definitely saw fish on reds that easily would've breached the 20" mark.
[signature]
Way to go leaving the fish on the redds alone. I wish more people would do that. You're a step ahead of the crowd.
[signature]