Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riggins area steelhead fishing from the bank?
I have a little bit of time to kill over the next couple of days and thought I might try and get out and fish a bit. I've never really fished the main salmon near Riggins, and thought I might make a trip up there and try and steelhead fish for a few hours. I'm not looking for anyone's spot, just seeing if drift fishing the main for steelhead from the bank is really a viable method. Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Thanks
[signature]
Fishing is fine from bank in the Riggins area both with a bobber and drift fishing. Stopped on the way home from Clearwater wed for a couple hours and hooked four from boat my buddies on the bank also landed a couple. I usually stop for a couple hours if possible and 80% of the time land fish within the first hour mostly from the bank. It is more like fishing below the Middle Fork. Last few years I have put off crowded shoup fishing in fall for opportunity of much bigger fish at Riggins and inexpensive accomodations in town. Water temp was 38 degrees with no early morning frost. Water to hot for any good fishing in October this year on Salmon. Go above town fish will be moving in the afternoon a little bit. Have three or four holes within a couple miles that usually produce fish within 3 casts.
[signature]