Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Suggestions?
For a long time now I have been coming down to Las Vegas for thanksgiving to see some family, and I have been wondering is there anywhere to fish? Well anywhere that is worth it? They live in Henderson. I'm a fly fisherman, and don't really care what I'm fishing for. If anyone knows a good carp spot or where they stock the trout or even if Mead is an option that would be awesome. I have fly fished Lake Las Vegas for carp and caught some before getting chased off by the yacht club dude [Sad][Sad](pic below).
[signature]
I believe all the local ponds have trout stocked in them by now. 9-10 inchers usually but something to toss a fly at.

NDOW had this listed on their site:

Quote:URBAN PONDS
With the drop in water temperatures the four urban ponds are finally ready for rainbow trout stocking to begin. Barring unforeseen problems such as weather issues, NDOW plans to begin seasonal trout plants this week. Warm water fish action has tapered off this week, also because of the cooler water temperatures.
[signature]
The urban ponds will have carp as well as dink trout. You might try Sunset as it is closest to Henderson. If you do decide to venture out to mead, try boulder harbor for carp. It is legal to fish from shore (only) in boulder harbor and I usually see a carp or two when launching the boat there. Good luck.
[signature]
Been pretty good fishing @ Boulder City Pond for trout. Most of them are small, but we have caught a few 14/16" trout. Great for the kids.

Depending where you are in Henderson, it can be anywhere from 10 min away to 20-25 min.
[signature]