Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon on Black Friday
I decided not to go combat shopping but instead go and chase a few fish. I started at 9:00 with the air temperature @ 7 degrees and fished until 3:00 with the air temperature @ 22 degrees. I put my tube in at Taylor Hollow and fished about 1/4 mile to the west and 3/8 mile to the east, to the wakeless buoys. I used a fast sinking line (#7) and various bead head crystal buggers, mohair leeches, and a bunny leech in size's 6-8. It seemed like most anything worked if you got the fly in front of them. I picked up a few rainbows in the 12" - 19" with four of them in the 17" to 19" range. The water temperature was 44-45 degrees and the visibility about 7'. There is still some algae in the water column. The reservoir level is at 43% full and rising slowly. Because of the low water level it is a bit of a walk to get to the water. There were about a dozen bank anglers and some of them were doing pretty well on the fish. I didn't see any boats or other tubers/tooners, they were probably shopping.[sly] Most of the fish that I caught were within casting distance from shore in 18' - 25' FOW.

It was a fun day to be on the water. The soft water days are numbered for us tubers.[fishin]
[signature]
From the reports of mass confusion and brawls Friday I think you chose the better approach to Black Friday.
[signature]