Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Cisco
[font "Times New Roman"][size 2]I went to Bear Lake today with my 13 year old son Jeff. We left Richmond at 5:30AM made a couple of brief stops in Logan and headed up the canyon a 6 AM. We stopped at Pugstone’s fly and tackle shop for a net and were at Cisco Beach around 7:45.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 2]As soon as we stepped on the lake we could see the cisco under the ice scurrying all over the place. We found a hole, cleaned the ice out and started to fish. We did not choose the best hole in the world but none the less we had our fish in about an hour. Jeff had a great time. It had been many years since I had been cisco fishing and this was Jeff’s first trip.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 2]We then drove down to where BearLakeFishGuy was cooking cisco and stopped in and tasted his fresh-from-the lake treats, scones and fries. It was good to meet you Scott. The food was great.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 2]We then drove down to second point and try our luck for Cutts and Macks for about an hour. Some guys had caught a few smaller cutts earlier but no luck for us. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 2]As we headed for home we saw a few people on the ice over at Gus’ point and on the rock pile. The ice on the lake is 3” in most places and will give you an adrenalin rush when you hear it crack and expand. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 2] In all it was a great day. [/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]Thanks for the report and update on the ice conditions. Di you see any 4 wheelers or sleds out on the ice?[/size][/font]
[signature]
Nope, foot traffic only. Still lots of noise on the ice as it cracks and expands. When you get out of your car a 100 yards or so from the ice you can hear it doing its thing.
[signature]