Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report
Took my boy up to Willard for about an hour and a half. Being his first time I didnt want to drive to far incase he didnt enjoy himslef. We got there about 1:30 pm and fished the south west corner about 100 yards north of the pump they have out there. We got one bite in that time before the clouds covered what little sun was shining and the temp dropped quick. We were using pink jigs with mealies. Now that he has been and seemed to enjoy it, I will venture a little farther from home next time.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2396;]
[signature]
Teroy take that good lookin feller up to Echo for perch he will fall in love with ice fishing.
[signature]
I also fished Willard today along with Aquaman and my two boys. We didnt make it out on the ice until around 12:30. We started off out by the light pole looking for Predators land mark, fished there for about an hour with not a bite. Moved further south looking for Predators honey hole, we stumbled acrossed it about 1/2 mile south of the plole, (my guess) We fished right next to Predators snow Pyramid for about 2 hours, My son caught a small catfish and I caught a large Perch on a white whatta cricket with a waxie with orange jig head, not sure what the cat was caught on. We had a great time thanks Aquaman for going out with us, sorry you didnt get your whiper through the ice, but I know you will.
[signature]
Yper you don't get any extra points in the IFG challange for how high your fish can climb.
[signature]
I think we must have passed you....Do you have a turquoise 4 door Ford? We were in a maroon Dodge Ram. We fished about 150 yards away from Predator's monument, and we only had one bite. Saw a few fish come through, but no takers. We fished for about an hour and a half, then called it quits when it got dark. I'm quite surprised at how murky the water is.
[signature]
I was in a Beige Ford Excursion I was parked next to where the pipe comes over the dike.

The water is really murky for some reason. I am also under the impression that they have no plans for bringing the water level up judging by the large diesel fuel tank they have sitting next to the pump.
[signature]
I was wondering what that big Jardine Oil truck was doing way out there. I wonder is that is the only way Harold Crane gets its water. I was surprised that the canal didn't have more water in it. Maybe they have the outlets to the reservoirs on the ogden and weber so slow, that there is no water left to go into Willard. Sure hope we get a bunch of snow really soon.
[signature]
Ya that was us, I remember the Dodge, but I didn't recognise the driver. That wasn't you driving was it.
[signature]
dave did chris use the sucker minnows?
[signature]
Ya we tried them but did not get bit.
[signature]
Here are some pictures I took today of the work they are doing at the north marina. WH2
[signature]
No, it was my dad driving. I though I recognized you, but the last time we met, you were all bundled up for the Causey trip. I think I saw you in Sportsmans about a week ago as well. My 3 year old daughter was the one testing out the ice tents.
[signature]
I think I do remember your daughter checking out the Ice Shanties, You should of kicked me to wake me up, when I am in a tackel shops all I do is dream.
[signature]