Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Lakes 1/16-1/19
Last Thursday, my weekend began with getting bait. Me and Marissa got 150 minows from timpie, 10 dozen night crawlers, & 6 dozen meal and wax worms. On friday, Tom came and picked me up in his nice, new ford f250. We left SLC at 5AM. We got to wendover about 6:30. He was tired so he let me drive down. BIG, GIANT, HUGE MISTAKE. By the time we hit the turnoff, he was fast asleep. I got goin 65 down that nice bumpy road. We were down there by 7:15, on the water with all the gear down by the docks by 7:30. Tom and Marissa both caught 3 really nice 1 1/4 pound bullgills on mealies, while I was fishing for bass. Finally, I got a 2 pounder on. After that, fishing got alot steadier for me. We ended fishing about noon to go back to town. I managed 8 more bass, and 15 bluegills. Marissa caught 3 bass and 20 blues, Tom 5 bass and 18 blue gills. We got a room, and stuff for dinner and went back to the gill ponds. We all caught about 100 small gills in the 4 hours we fished that. After that we went back to the main lake with the lanterns to fish for more bass. I caught 1 that was 18 inches, the rest were 16 and under. The next morning, I was bumping a little white spinnerbait along the bottom in the shallow, and I hooked into a heck of a fish. 21 inches long. My largest out of that lake. The rest of the day, we caught about 60 more bass, and 150 big blue gill. That night, Tom hooked into a bass that was HUGE. He got it up to the bank, just for it to run under the reeds and break him off. That bass was easily 9 pounds. On sunday, we caught about 75 more bass, and only 20 or so blues. We really started targeting the bucket mouths. Finally, that night, Tom hooked into another big'un. He got this one in. It was 22 inches long. Marissa also broke off a nice sized bass. Should have taken a net, I'll tell you what. Today, we got up early to get some more fish. We caught around 35 bass and 50 blues before we left. So, the totals:
Me:50 bass, 150 blue gills.
Marissa:35 bass, 175 blues.
Tom:40 bass, 160 blue gills.
My dang fingers were bleeding this morning. I shouldn't have lipped all of them fish! Oh yeah, almost forgot. My crappy little camra fell out of my waders and into the lake earlier, so no photos.[Sad]
[signature]
Sounds like you guys really lit it up! Congrats on an awesome trip! Too bad your camera went for a swim though.[Sad]
[signature]
Did you have to deal with many scuba divers out there?
[signature]
Did you guys fish from the shore or did you have float tubes?
[signature]
Ok, I'll try to get this all in one post.
TKB, That camra sucked anyway. I needed a new one, but all of those pictures were lost. I had about 50 of em!

Shrimpboy, The scuba divers wern't really out there in force this time. In the past, they've said some crap but they don't dare to do anything. This time one of them was actually very helpful and told us where the gills were holding during the day.

scartinez, We were from the shore the entire time. That lake is pretty easy to fish that way. We did all have hodgmans on, though.
[signature]