Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any spinning places still thawed?
My brother and I both got new rods this Christmas. Since this weekend is going to be relatively good weather, we want to open our presents early and spend a few hours fishing.

Any places in the valley that are not frozen over/inaccessible?

Also, I have never fished in the winter, any tips on lures or baits that would be good for the area you recommend?

Thanks!
[signature]
Gee can't even wait eh? [bobhappy]. What fish do you want to catch? It all depends. You will want to slow your presentation down depending upon the fish.
[signature]
Jordan River. Plastics or marabous LOW AND SLOW on the bottom. Fish hang out in deep and slow holes in the winter. If you want to bait fish, a worm on the bottom will get plenty of hits on the Jordan. Strangely, this is the only time of the year when I catch largemouth bass in the Jordan. Not sure why, but they don't show up in the summer for me.
[signature]
Does it have to be in the valley? I think any place lower than Strawberry is wide open not to mention all the rivers.
[signature]
I think we are going to do the Jordan River. Any tips on where to fish it? its super long, so there is a lot of options im sure.
[signature]