Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey
Thought I'd make the most of my day off (holiday) on monday.. Went to Causey with a few buddies. Only a couple of bites for the first hour or so with none landed. After moving to shallower water the fishing really picked up. Caught about 15 splake in the 8-12 inch range with my friends doing just as well if not better. Lots of fun, but nothing to write home about. The best part about fishing Causey was the short 20 min. ride home. Great place to go on short notice or when time is a factor..
[signature]
It's been a really long time since i fished there, and I can't remember where it is (don't laugh). Isn't it east of Pineview, or am I thinking of something else?
[signature]
Yes, Causey is just east of pineview on the road to monte.
[signature]
That's what I thought, what fish are there? Splake and Kokanee?
[signature]
Yup, I was there after the Rockport party also hit kokes and splake, not many only one koke. but something hit really hard and it was very difficult to reel in was doing its best to double up my ice rod when it broke off. When I pulled in my ice fly the hook was a straight line. Had to be a big brown. I was fishing in about 20-25ft on the opposite side of the spillway against the rocks out about 20 feet.
[signature]