Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suprised by lack of berry reports
Seems like everyone is chomping at the bit for ice on or ice off reports for the berry but nothing so far? Mud creek has got to be froze I would imagine? And if the main lake isn't I would imagine it's days away? Any reports?
[signature]
After the howling wind out of the east yesterday they may have lost the ice in Mud creek. I was blowing hard all day yesterday.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Mud Creek is half froze....slow fishing...got one slot buster today.
[signature]
Still mostly open last I heard
[signature]
Mud creek has some is but open water out in the lake...slow but steady fishing yesterday. I went to the ladders first and all that ice over there is VERY dangerous. Going to be a while for good ice on this lake. Wind was a problem yesterday.
[signature]
Went on Saturday. First time ever getting skunked on Strawberry. 5-6 inches. Mud creek was slow too. If I were you I wouldn't waste my time there until it gets a bit more frozen so that you can fish some better spots.
[signature]
[cool]Private message sent.

If most of lake was frozen, and not just a couple of choice spots, I'd post this info on the main board, but with several hundred (couple of thousand?) Utah board lurkers (not contributing members/posters) I don't want to see 200 people in that small area when I go there this weekend....

General Info for the whole board and lurkers:

With the colder forecast (finally) coming for the next 10 days, the rest of the lake should be good to go by it's usual time (New Years Eve) and possibly before that around the S.B. Marina, etc. Cheers.
[signature]
[quote Out4Trout][cool]Private message sent.

If most of lake was frozen, and not just a couple of choice spots, I'd post this info on the main board, but with several hundred (couple of thousand?) Utah board lurkers (not contributing members/posters) I don't want to see 200 people in that small area when I go there this weekend....

General Info for the whole board and lurkers:

With the colder forecast (finally) coming for the next 10 days, the rest of the lake should be good to go by it's usual time (New Years Eve) and possibly before that around the S.B. Marina, etc. Cheers.[/quote]

[Wink]nice
[signature]
Drove up to the Berry Tuesday the 22nd. Main Marina is all open water. Mud Creek is frozen but the road wasn't plowed so I opted not to hike all the way down to the ice in 3' of snow with a heavy sled. Ended up over on Solider Creek, the bay north bay near the highway is frozen and fish able with 6-8" of ice. Set up and fished for 30 minutes, caught one dink Rainbow then the 30mph winds blew my tent up and across the Reservoir. I packed up and left, the winds were ridiculous and the sideways blowing snow wasn't fun either. I'll be waiting for ice in different areas and for the plow guys to plow the parking areas before I return in a few weeks.

Attached photo is a screen shot from a video I took from the Marina. I'm standing on the north west side of the parking lot and facing south west towards the campgrounds. She's wide open still.

-Rojo