Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 12-26
Went to Badger Bay this morning. We had to blaze a trail through deep snow to get to the ice. Used caution on the ice. Played it safe and stayed close to shore as we walked out. Finally drilled a hole and found 2-3 inches of clear hard ice over 15 FOW. Good enough for us. I caught a nice cutt right off the bat on a white ice cutr tipped with a wax worm. Fish were more suspended than normal. Caught most of them in 10 FOW. We ended up with 7 or 8 cutts between the 3 of us in only a couple hours of fishing.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
I took my daughter and 2 grandsons to the berry this morning to do some snowmobiling. We went over to Strawberry Bay and rode from there. I drove past Mud Creek on the way in and could see no open water for as far as I could see. Lots of tents and fishermen on that bay, all up close. Over at Strawberry bay, I saw no open water anywhere I looked or as far as I could see in any direction. Several tents out on the ice in the bay just west of the parking lot. Rode down the road towards Renegade about a mile, maybe two and from the high point on the hill, I could see no open water in any of the bays. I think it is safe to say the berry is capped (for as far as I could see). I didn't talk with anyone or go out on the ice to see how think it was.
[signature]
Thanks for the info guys[Smile]
[signature]
I hit SC early this morning with a friend. Fished the arm closest to the highway. The ice was 8-10" thick there but dropped to 3" where the arm narrows before it joins the main body of water.
Fishing was fast and furious around 7:30am with the two of us catching more than half a dozen fish in about ten minutes.
We fished in about 16 feet of water and got most of the action on white manic custom jigs tipped with a wax/meal/earth worm fished just off the bottom.
The bite slowed down as the sun came up. Fish seemed to move up in the water column as the day went on. About half the fish were 10-12" dinks and the other half were big and fat slot-sized Cutts.
We ended the day around 2:30 having caught about 20 fish between us. We kept two 16-18" bows and a 12" Cutt.
On the way back we saw people out fishing on the ice at both the ladders and chicken creek.
Jordanelle is still wide open but Echo only has a section of open water near the dam. With these cold temps we should have our pick of fishing locations in a week or so.
[signature]
Thanks for the reports and updates.
[signature]
Sweet ! Thanks
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT !