Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Day On the Ice
Fished UL 12-27-2015 Got into some white bass early then slowed down at around noon. We fished all over and did a fair amount of walking. Between five of us we sore lipped around 300 and kept around 40 each. Planning a big fish fry. Ice is still a little sketchy on the main body of water but the harbors and bays seemed to be 2" of clear ice and 2" of white ice. Ran across a couple warm springs that were wide open or had very thin ice on them. I don't think Ill be heading to the abyss soon. If you head out there please be cautious the lake is so low that in many spots the ice is sitting right on the mud and is weak. When it breaks youll be up to your knee in muck.Good Luck and good fishing. [Wink]
[signature]
Hey there barberjd78. First let me introduce myself. fish_fear>me2. My name is Brent an I also live in West Jordan. I fish Willard a lot in the summer. Now to my question, I know you said you moved a lot but did you do any good at Provo Boat Harbor? I want to take my grandkids out for a short ice trip and so I need safe ice and I need fish. They dont care what they catch but they like catching. I got them out once last year and they did pretty well. Hoping for a repeat. Any tips or locations would be appreciated. Thanks
[signature]
Brent, PM sent
[signature]
Have you heard of anyone having any luck out on the south end/ Lincoln beach? My nephew wants to have an ice fishing bday party this year 😊
[signature]
Sorry I haven't heard anything about the south side.
[signature]
Barberjd78,
IF you don't mind sharing I wouldn't say no to a clue or two of where to go catch some whities. If it helps at all, I wont be keeping any bass.
It is totally cool if you want to keep it to yourself, you found them/you deserve them.
I checked the Saratoga Springs harbor today and two guys were catching a few out of what appeared to be less than a foot or so of water.
Thanks,Shane
[signature]
That makes my back hurt just thinking about filleting all those!
[signature]
Nice report! Sounds fun! I need to get out there!!
[signature]
[cool]Nice report. Sounds like you had to work very hard to find them today. No bluegills so far this year though, eh?

I really miss ice fishing that lake, but with the average harbor being 2-3 feet deep (and worse that that in the case of Pelican Harbor), along with the pumphouse mantanence going on this year with the water drained down over there, I'm just not excited about ice fishing that lake this year. Gonna have to get my panfish from Pineview this year.

Sure hope that this above average snowpack continues on into the Spring so that we can fill up that big brown pond and the other lakes as well this year...
[signature]
[quote Out4Trout][cool]Nice report. Sounds like you had to work very hard to find them today. No bluegills so far this year though, eh?

I really miss ice fishing that lake, but with the average harbor being 2-3 feet deep (and worse that that in the case of Pelican Harbor), along with the pumphouse mantanence going on this year with the water drained down over there, I'm just not excited about ice fishing that lake this year. Gonna have to get my panfish from Pineview this year.

Sure hope that this above average snowpack continues on into the Spring so that we can fill up that big brown pond and the other lakes as well this year...[/quote]

I am hoping to get on Willard soon.
[signature]