Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba Yuba here we come.
Well it is time for another annual boys trip to Yuba. we are staying at the cabins in the Oasis campground. I know the pike fishing is slow and the Perch fishing is non-existent, but shall we decide to venture out on the ice can I get some ideas of baits to use? I have fished painted rock side back when the fishing was 10 perch and out but have not really fished it since then. If we do not get over to Painted rocks side and stay at the dam side what is the best coarse of action.

I will have a report of the fishing and Ice no matter what. I will try and get some public acceptable pictures to go with them.

We are headed down on the 8th of January so at this rate should have some good strong ice.
[signature]
why not go for northeren pike?
[signature]
From Saturday.
[signature]
Large tube jigs, glow, tipped with bait like shiners or chub meat.
[signature]
This trip We will focus on the Pike. I just have not fished it form the hard deck in probably 6-7 years. And just want to cover all bases since I am going with some newb ice fishermen.
[signature]
Big bait catch big fish.....
[signature]
one hell of a pike
[signature]
thanks, modified a frozen shiner. Threaded two treble hooks through a 7" shiner using wire line. It looked like a rapala. Hung that below a single spoon/fender from a ford fender .
[signature]
Nice fish thanks for the tips.
[signature]
Nice looking pike.[Smile]
[signature]
have a shiner pole rigged up as your dead stick rod, make sure to loosen the drag and let them take it. Then on your jigging rod you can use a tube with chub but I prefer some sort of buck shot jig. Lipless cranks like clackin raps, lindy darters, salmo chubby darters etc. Those will call in fish from quite a distance, if they don't hit your jig they will target that dead stick pole. good luck!
[signature]
Best bait that has never failed me at Yuba is Anchovies. They are oily and smelly once thawed . Good luck I might be there next Saturday if my auger ever arrives lol
[signature]
I hope to see ya out there and a drillen.
[signature]