Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi - Alaska to Idaho
Just saying hi... Looking forward to moving to the Boise area in about 3 weeks. My wife and I have been in Alaska for many years and decided to move to Idaho ...We're very much looking forward to being there - we've been planning on this for a long time Smile

Brian
[signature]
why??? Alaska is sports mans paradise. what part of ak you leaving?
[signature]
Where you live and why is dependent on who you are and what you personally find to be most satisfying... As for Alaska, it's expensive and isolated and if there's something to do here, then I've done it ...over and over. We stopped eating salmon a couple of years ago after generally putting 50-60 into the freezer each year. Moose provide far too much meat for just my wife and I, and don't justify the effort and cost, and I'm long past the point of feeling a great thrill just from shooting one. Caribou ...awesome animals, great venison, but generally expensive (and cold) to go get etc. I guess the bottom line is that we're just ready to leave and much of the original thrill is gone. We miss the sun coming up and going down when it 'should', miss being closer to family, I miss deer hunting and fly fishing of the sort that the pacific northwest has. We miss a sun that is up high and bright, and warm, in the summers. Alaska has much to offer and some parts, like cruising Prince William Sound, are irreplaceable, but we've got friends and can visit anytime. Having been born and raised in Oregon, and have lived for several years in Western Washington, we want to come back to the Pacific Northwest area (friends and family), but do it outside 'rain country'. That's Idaho... We actually researched the entire country for things like med care, cost of living, climate and the outdoors, and just plain 'personal interest' and Idaho is the only spot that combines it all for us ...so here we come! I am thankful for the opportunity... Smile We're coming and we're coming to stay. (PS: We won't be needing any cars, and we are currently living in the Knik, AK area about 50 miles north of Anchorage).

Brian
[signature]
I see now... im moving to anton Larsen island. but it sounds like you have had some great times up in ak. Idaho should work well for what you want in life now... thanks for info.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Brian, have you found the Idaho board yet? If not, here is a link to that board:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...i?forum=25

CROSSINEYES has an signature block that comes up below every post he makes that ask if you are interested in buying a car or truck, it was not directed directly at you, just so you know.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! Idaho has a lot to offer the outdoorsman. You will love it there.
[signature]
Welcome aboard bdixon. Thank you for taking the time to register with us and for your questions and comments.

Boise has a lot to offer for the fishing and hunting enthusiast.

I spent a lot of time on the east side of Idaho but I have fished many parts of the state. I also enjoy flyfishing, spey and many other forms.

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.[cool]
[signature]
Hey ...I appreciate the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to taking part in these forums, perhaps meeting local fishing buddies, etc... life is good!

Brian
[signature]
Don't forget to check out the Idaho board too. We have open discussions all over these boards and you may be able to get some good local info from some of the other ID members as they are still there and fish all over the state. [cool]
[signature]