Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum Anyone?
Was thinking of hitting Hyrum this coming weekend. Anyone been there lately? If so, the usual, ice conditions, fishing, etc?

Thanks in advance and tight lines!

F4F
[signature]
I dont know how it's been , but me and the wife are hitting it sat morn. mosttly because we have a wedding in logan that night. so if you head up sat you can come and hang with us if you want.
[signature]
Thanks for the offer and I might just take you up on that! I haven't decided if I'm heading there or to Fontenelle, WY. I'll reply via PM later in the week if I end up heading there. Thanks again and tight lines!

F4F
[signature]
The kids and I fished it yesterday,1 bite in 3 hours and we usually smokem there!! started out over by the car pile 1 hour no bites went back by the ramp so the kids could sleigh ride and only 1 bite in 2 more hours!! there was about 15 others on the ice and I did not see one fish on the ice!!M.H.
[signature]
I was at Hyrum last Sat. for about 2-3 hrs in the late afternoon. I fished near the spill way off of the first point east of the spill. I started in about 30-35 ft of water with no success move into about 20 ft of water and had one bite. Moved to 10 ft of water and had 3 bites and caught one rainbow about 13". I was using a meal worm on a white crappie jig and a wax worm on a white scud fly. All of my bites were on the wax worm.

I have talked to others and they have had some success for bows in 6 to 15 ft of water. The guys at Custom Sports in Hyde Park said one of their customers was using perch minnows from a rainbow he caught. He told them he was fishing in about 9 ft of water and could not get the minnow to the bottom before he had another fish on.
[signature]