Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield tournament
Just wondering how the tournament went for others? I didn't have any luck for bows. I iced 33 chubs and 13 cutts. Not slow, but not super fast. I fished in 8ft of water east of the island. Also new to the site so hello all!
36 cutts 5 tigers and two chubs. I didn't hear of a rainbow being caught. Around noon a parks guy on a snowmobile came through checking people and said he hadn't seen a rainbow either.
[signature]
We caught 45 chubs, 13 cutts and one tiger. We fished on the southeast end of the lake in 12' of water, the winning bow was 14". They need to turn this into a chub only tournament and try to thin out the chubs. Oh and the winning chub group had 187 chubs. I probably won't fish this tournament again, i'd rather not pay $20 to catch chubs and dinks.
[signature]
Hello Bullock9,
If you don't mind me asking what were you using when you caught the chub? I need some bait.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT and thanks for the report.
[signature]
Hey Buzzer
Small jigs or ice flies tipped with a small piece of night crawler
[signature]
We caught several Cutts, 5 or 6 tigers and 5 bows. I was fishing with the guy who caught the 14" rainbow. We only caught 2 chubs.
[signature]
[quote mjlevie]We caught several Cutts, 5 or 6 tigers and 5 bows. I was fishing with the guy who caught the 14" rainbow. We only caught 2 chubs.[/quote]

Sounds like you have figured out scofield.[Wink]
[signature]
Figured out how to avoid the chubs. Still trying to figure out how to catch the big ones.
[signature]