Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations for UL panfish?
Is there anywhere other than Lincoln Beach that would give a decent shot of hooking a few fish through the ice tomorrow afternoon? I'd prefer Provo or AF if anyone has had any luck there, and I'd also prefer gills, crappie, perch to white bass, but I'll take white bass if that's the only thing biting right now.

Any bait, lure, or technique recommendations would also be appreciated.

Thanks!
[signature]
The water is so shallow in most harbors that its hard to use sonar type blade baits effectively. I would go with small jigs, small Swedish pimples or ice flies tipped with your favorite bait. Night crawlers and waxies are good go to baits. I haven't caught too many fish dead sticking but the jigging will vary from just barely to pretty aggressive. Other than the big party at Lincoln earlier this month and a few at the pumphouse I think in general fishing UL has been pretty slow this year through the ice. If you get lucky and find fish in could be hot. Good luck and post how you did.
[signature]
Sorry guys, didn't end up going so no report. It came down to this vs doing some photography today and I chose photography... haha.

I think I'd like to take a day and invest some more time into some more serious ice fishing with my wife and possibly some of my in-laws. Sounds like UL isn't the place to go. I'm in Provo. Willing to drive, but hopefully not too far. Any recommendations for somewhere to hit up? I'm not pick about what we catch.
[signature]
Try starvation
[signature]