Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo
I fished echo reservoir today. The ice was 6"thick with a little slush in a few spots. I started 730 went 150 yards off the boat ramp at the resort. It started out slow until I figured out the fish was just barely under the ice. By 12:00 I caught eleven rainbows, 10 were 11-13 inches and one was 19". I caught them all between 6'-8' deep using a green ratfinky tipped with two spikes. See pic.
[signature]
Welcome to BTF and thanks for the report. I'm heading there in the morning on a perch search and if that fails, I'll now have some ideas for the bows.

LT
Welcome to BFT! Great report, thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Welcome, I think I may go there today after yesterdays trip to Hyrum was a total bust as in bust through the ice and get all wet[mad].Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Good luck guys hope you do well!
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Did you see anyone catching perch? How full is the reservoir now?
[signature]
Sorry I don't know if anybody caught perch.
[signature]
I was there at Echo also. Fished for about 5 hours and caught two 13 inch bows on worms and a dead minnow. Had about 35 bites but I am not used to setting the hook on my limp noodle ice rod. all bites were between 5 and 15 feet, under 6 inches of good ice,150 yards in front of the ramp. Only saw one 4 inch perch decked.
Never saw so many people by the ramp. Must have stopped to fish on there way to get a lottery ticket.
[signature]