Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay Ice fishing
Went to willard bay on saturday, never iced fished there before. My group were using small ice flies with milworms and wax worms. We also tired just a worm on and hook but didn't catch anything with those. Only thing that caught afish was a green and brown jig just bobbing up and down from the bottom. Unfortunatley for everyone else I was the only one that caught a fish and it was a yellow perch, biggest one I've ever caught so I was at least happy Smile
[signature]
Yeah those perch in Willard can be good sized when you find them. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Nice job, not many get lucky enough to catch fish through the ice at Willard. I'm usually there with the rest of your crew, skunk city. I usually fish elsewhere because of difficulty of that pond so it's nice to hear when someone has success out there. Thanks J
[signature]
Was that your group by the north marina? I was thinking about trying it Saturday as well, hut was unsure of the ice with the warm weather we have been having. How was the ice?
[signature]
I was out there yesterday. Ice is a good 5" thick. Skunk city for us. This is what it looked like coming back off the ice. The ice buckled down about 1 1/2'.
[signature]
wow did you guys have to walk across that?Did you get wet?
[signature]
That is never a good place to get on the ice, there is a spring, in that area that always thaws the ice pretty quick, always better to go off the points on either sides of the channel.
[signature]
We just went around it and got back on on the other side.
[signature]
That was our group on the North Marina, and the ice was plenty thick to walk on, it was very slipper though, not a lot of snow on the water to get traction, good place to go ice skating.
[signature]