Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe's Valley Report..
got over to Joe's valley yesterday. only ones on the lake that i could see.. the lake is a lot lower then i have ever seen it.. so all my spots i hit are high and dry right now. so it turned into a fish finding trip that did not turn out as good as we hoped.. first spot was about 27 feet deep. fished for about a hour and had 4 or 5 hit's no hookup. moved into 15 feet and my buddy dave caught a 22 inch 3 lbs splake then not-a so moved again not-a again. so one more move and not-a but did see some come in so better then some of the other spots... we did not get a lot of hit-s and did not see to many fish on the finder.. most the time i find fish in that area but the water is so low i dont know where to look right now.. the ice was great 5 to 7 inchs most everywhere... if you go to Joes Valley watch out for the open spots or domes on the ice there are a lot of bubbling springs out there and it keeps the ice open in spots the ice around the is thin as well so best to just stay clear of them..
[signature]
Thanks for the report. We need more water. I have only been to hoed once and want to go again.
[signature]
Too bad the catching wasn't better, do you think it was just a bad day or are the fish just not doing good in that lake? Thanks for the report Ron.
[signature]
Dang, I was thinking about heading over there this weekend but with that report now I'm not sure...

Thanks for the heads up
[signature]
oh i dont think the lake is doing bad.. we were fishing a area that most years i have caught some nice 5 to 10 lbs splake.. and on them days we were caching them, fishing was fast with little ones and big ones coming in most all day.. i would say we just did not find the fish.. the one splake Dave caught was a realy nice one and looked to be in very good shape... i think it's just the area is not the same when the water is low and it's more just finding the next good spot... [:/] i just wish i was closer to the lake to spend 4 or 5 days finding them..
[signature]
o go give it a try maybe you can find them and let me know where they are.. lol [sly]
[signature]