Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreamers need apply
1.5 billion $$$$ lottery. What can you do with that chunk? It's hard to even fathom that much on what to do with it. As with anyone I would have my shopping spree. Don't forget the friends & relatives you didn't know you had. [bobdumb]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Good article in the Trib this morning...about all the Utah folks going to Idaho or Wyoming to buy their Powerball tickets. They refer to them as "lotto day saints".

http://www.sltrib.com/home/3405985-155/w...14-billion
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
GUILTY [Image: surprised.gif] Probably spent more than enough in my lifetime to start my own. It wouldn't hurt for Utah to jump on board so a slice of the pie can be served here.
[signature]
[#0000FF]The article made a strong point of saying that Utah will likely NEVER approve any kind of lottery. it would require a 2/3 approval on both sides of the legislature. As long as both sides are more than 50% members of the "predominant faith"...and vote pretty much down the lines of their faith...and the faith is adamantly against "games of chance"...

It is a shame. Most states that have the lotteries get a lot more money into the state coffers for education. And Utah being a state that is traditionally light on teacher salaries and funds for schoolroom needs, the state could use some help.

The crying shame of it all is that people are going to buy their lottery tickets anyway...from Wyoming, Idaho or other states where they are sold. Those states get Utah money and Utah gets nothing. The only positive (for the predominant faith) is that we maintain a high moral ground.

There is a sign in the windows of Idaho lottery ticket sales outlets which lets folks know that their lottery tickets have put almost 700 million dollars into Idaho school funds...and saying "Thanks Idaho". Not a word about all the bucks contributed by errant Utahns. It would be interesting to know just how much that might be.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thats what I gathered too. Don't forget that while Utah rejects a lottery, those who do win have the tax burden. Utah is not completely out of the picture. Since they are faith dominant there should be a tax exemption. Just saying
[signature]
Somebody is skimming the till in Idaho, it sure costs a lot to operate and the vendors don't make squat. It's just a tax on the poor, folks outta be buying food for their childrens.
[signature]