Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you panfish?
For me it's the hunt for the big one, what is their favorite color today, the hunt for where they are, how deep can they go, why do the suspend and what are they doing there when they do, the feel of a bluegill when he turns side ways, where are you mister crappie, the hope in catching a 16" perch.

But probably the main reason they taste so good!
[signature]
#1 would be good eats[Wink].
#2&3 would be they are fun to catch and you can usually catch them in numbers enough to make a good meal or two.
Wow a 16" perch is a lofty goal but I guess since to have lake Cascade in your state, that goal just might be attainable, good luck.
[signature]
I live in SW Washington State and most of the fellows I know go out on the Mighty Columbia looking for sturgeon and salmon, I do not have that kind of boat and I am always afraid I will run afoul of the very complicated regulations...truth is I have never been invited HA HA
I do love to go out in my canoe or pontoon boat in small lakes around here and catch pan fish and the occasional trout. Sometimes I bank fish the Columbia and get some perch and the odd small mouth.
I think it is the simplicity of rough fishing (catch whatever bites) that attracts me.
I have been toying around with the idea of taking a three-day weekend over to Montana and fishing with my brothers, who all three live west of the mountains...maybe this is the year
[signature]
Panfish put a nice tug on light tackle. They also make for good table fare. Fish chowder would never be the same without some nice Blue Gill or Perch meat in it.

Panfish have a more subtle flavor that more people like. [cool]
[signature]
All of the above! plus I can try out my new creations.
[signature]
I love to eat them and feel the tug on my line.
[signature]
In Florida here we have the largest specie of pan fish called the Pacu! you just can't beat that. Hook into one of them and it's game on! Excellent eating too. My favorite pan fish hands down
[signature]
I like to test lures, especially those I design or modify. Even though downsized, these lures do catch all fish species that bite lure because fish will be fish - opportunists that investigate with their mouths, taking them out of their usual inactive state. Also, everything everyone else said/
[signature]