Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walsburg bay no go
Went to walsburg bay yesterday. Walked from highway east of lake. That's a long walk to the lake. When I got to the lake my first step went through the ice right off the bank. Not so good I hyperextended my left knee and just then my sled gained 200 lbs. I didn't want to go home so I walked or limped out there alone. Couldn't get to the spot I wanted because of 8" of slush. I wasn't going on the thin ice I saw earlier this year with the slush. So I fished on 13' of water. Hooked a rocket powered drag ripper that shook free while I was pulling transducer out of the way. Caught a fat short bow planter. Put her back with that appetite she will get big. I spent two hours limping back to the truck. Not worth it.
[signature]
Sorry to hear about the injury, sounds like it hurt. They are raising the lake level, and it will be sketchy getting out on the ice in spots. At least you did mange to catch one. How thick is the ice in the bay? Wonder how the tournament is going to work out with all the issues with the ice. Maybe they will build a bridge to get out on the ice. Ha Ha
[signature]
Sounds like a tough outing. What we go through to go fishing.[Wink]
[signature]
Ice where I was was 2" ice 4" slush 10" ice. The time before last ice was 5" then got thin about where the old dirt parking lot is and to the west. It was 2" there and clear. I didn't get get close to there before I hit slush. Didn't want to risk falling through. With the snow on top I couldn't see where the thin ice was. It's dangerous out there. I don't got to fall through to prove it to myself.
[signature]
I have a coworker that is a dnr officer. He said walsburg has warm springs throughout the arm. I got on the ice today just fine at the main state park. Fishing was great, catching non existent. Ice was plenty thick there.
[signature]
Bummer, get that knee feeling better.
[signature]
Yes it's better now. Thanks
[signature]