Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all!
I'm new to these forums. My name is Justin and I've just recently (past couple of years) gotten back into fishing as a hobby. I am strictly a freshwater fisherman (accept when I go deep sea fishing about once per year) and fish mostly for trout and bass with large mouth bass being my favorite catch. My wife also fishes with me but she prefers trout fishing as she can use a Carolina rig, throw it out there set her rod in a rod holder and wait until she see's the rod start bending...lol. To me I like bass fishing so much more because you're actually moving and always doing something and casting out, retrieving and casting out again...gives me the sense of actually fishing and not sitting on the bank working on my tan [cool]...plus bass generally put up more of a fight. I have two setups right now, a spinning setup that consists of a 7ft. MH/F Abu Garcia Vengeance rod with a Shimano Syncopate reel (which I am looking to upgrade) and a baitcasting setup that includes a 6'8" Team KVD Tour cranking rod AND 7ft. MH/F Abu Garcia ProMax rod with a Lew's Tournament Pro casting reel...this is all completely new to me as this will be my first foray into baitcasting so we'll see how it goes...lol. I do plan to get my 5 year old son into fishing this year and am going to buy him a little Dock Demon pole and help him catch his 1st fish Big Grin. That's all for now, thanks for reading!!!
[signature]
Welcome to the site Justin. Here is a link to our Freshwater fishing boards and we also have state boards.
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ategory=70

WH2
[signature]
Welcome to BFT Justin. Where are you from?
[signature]
Thanks for the welcome. I live in Vermont. As for baseball...I am a card carrying member of Red Sox Nation Smile. Other than fishing and baseball I do enjoy football, basketball and gardening but mostly I enjoy doing anything and everything with my son (my mini-me). Hopefully I will be able to get a small bass boat this year and get out into the deeper water but for now I am a bank fisher [fishon].
[signature]
Sweet! [cool]

Here is a link to the Vermont state boards.

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ategory=56
[signature]
Welcome aboard and thank you for sharing with us. We all look forward to learning from each other. [cool]
[signature]