Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
utah lake tibble fork.....report
started at the outlet about 930 fished 6' of water for an hour showing no fish on the finder and catcking non cloudy ice 10" thick left and went to AFBH fished from 11-1230 fished in 3' of water caught i white bass missed another fish 10" of cloudy ice

left at 1230 fished from 115-245 and headed for tibble fork res. action there was FAST NON STOP fished in 9' of water 12" of cloudy ice went thur a tub of wax worms then started in on emerald minnows caught well over 40 trout most about 10" some as small as 6" three at 14"

good place to take the kids for some fishing road is plowed all the way to the dam which is a 10 yard walk down to the water also makes a nice little sleding hill for young ones or a bigger hill on the back side of the dam for the braver of heart

forgot to mention its high enough to be above the inversion so you get fast fishing clean air and sun shine !
[signature]
I grew up in Lehi and spent a lot of time fishing Tibble Fork. I never thought of trying it through the ice though.

Were you catching mostly browns, rainbows, or a mix? Every once in a while you can get a decent cutt out of there too.
[signature]
Nice report aquaman. Looks like you had a very busy day! I've never heard of Tibble Fork, where exactly is it?
[signature]
Nice report Chris, sorry to here Utah Lake didn't produce for a, I still want to try it this weekend or during the next week. You said you used your minnows, did thay produce the bigger fish up there at tibble fork.
[signature]
keep the reports coming! sorry the lake wasn't as cooperative . . .

ES
[signature]
it seems not many people think to ice fish it there was one hole someone drilled besides mine i was useing small chunks of minnow after i ran out of wax worms the bite slowed down when i had to use them they really went after the wax worms i caught up to 4 fish off one worm whole, little peices they didn't care the 3 larger fish were on worms all bows except one little 9" brown to get to tibble fork is easy from your neck of the woods head S. down the 15 get off at the thanksgiving point off ramp and turn left ( you will see a big sing saying tibble fork rec. area closed ingore this they mean the visitior center ) stay on this road and you will enter american fork caynon keep going and you will come to a fork in the road with a sign pointing to your left saying tibble fork 2 miles
[signature]
Hey, Chris, got any pix of "emerald minnows"? Sounds like Dorothy and Toto could use those on Oz ice.[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the report Aquaman, was there any slush on the lake? My buddy and I went up there about 2 weeks back and just got soaken wet. There was about 8 inches of water on the ice. I felt like I was wading in a river more than ice fishing. fishing was also good for us, but the water in my boots made me too cold. I only fished for about an hour and caught eight. Just a plain nightcrawler and small splitshot was the ticket for us. They didn't seem to like the jigs as much. Where did you fish? We fished by the steep cliff by the outlet.
[signature]
Hey, good report. I also never thought of fishing Tibble Fork through the ice. Do you know if the road is plowed past Tibble Fork up towards Silver Lake Flats? I doubt it is because some of the road is not paved. If you can ever make it up there Silver Lake Flats has a little bit bigger fish but not much. It is an excellent place to take kids to during the summer because you can get away from some of the Tibblel Fork crowds.

Just a reminder, if you are a fish eater, they have the warning out on the fish in that area. The mine tailings are releasing junk and the fish are nice enough to share it with hungry people. If you are eating any make sure and read the proclamation about Tibble Fork.

Is the pay station at the mouth of the canyon open??
[signature]

[signature]
here was about 8" of snow on top of the ice but so slush i was fishing out from inlet by the damm sounds like you were in deeper water by the cliffs i drilled a hole in 20' and never got a bite the fish did not like bulky lures i started out using a little green crappie lure with a wax worm and they were all over it even used a white tube whish worked fine when i swithed to a green power tube which was bulkiest of all i still got bites though it slowed down i took off the power tube and used just the jig head and wax worm and it pick back up GO SMALL
[signature]
Sorry about that last one, my bad. The pay station is open, but it's only three bucks. And the silver lake flats road is only open to snowmobiles.
[signature]
i would say its plowed to the camp grounds (granite forks ? )but they don't plow it to silver lake it's my understanding that silver lake was just a puddle by the dam at the end of the summer due to draw down
[signature]
Thanks for the reply. Also for anyone new to Tibble Fork, it is not a big place but does have some hot spots. My favorite spot in the summer is to throw a lure in front of the over flow area on top of the dam. If you get there at the right time you can see into the water and I have watched dozens of fish follow my lure and then hit it. It's even more accurate than these fish finders that show the fish hitting your jig through the ice. Once again though the only problem with Tibble Fork in the summer is the huge crowds which includes the girls camp boaters and everyone else that likes to catch sea weed.
[signature]
when i drove by yesterday the pay station was closed the was a sign saying pay tubes at major trail heads but i never found one the three dollars i had to get in is still in my coveralls
[signature]
Thank you for this report on Tibble Fork. Saturday,I took my almost 3 yr. old up there since she had been asking to go "fishing in the ice" with daddy every time she saw me go on a trip. We had a blast. Nonstop action in the hour we spent there, and we played on sleds and did other things that toddlers do. The bite was so voracious that she could catch them "all by herself" (with a little help from daddy). We landed about 20 during this time, mostly skinny 8 inchers but 3-4 suprisingly good ones (12-14 inches). All rainbows. mealworm or waxworm on a finkie or a teardrop worked equally well. Thanks again for the post and for this excellent site.
[signature]
hi barry welcome to the site good to see you had a good time and caught some fish defiantly a family fun spot
[signature]