Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pic test
Just wanted to see if I could post attachments, so heres a test run.
Anthony
[signature]
The picture worked but it looks like it shrunk your fish. j/k
[signature]
Where did you catch the corbina?.....

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Right off the beach in oceanside. Put on a carolina rig with a sandcrab and just jigged it and when you jigged it sometimes there was a fish. I post some more pics of my Cali trip when I get home from school. I got surfperch, shovelnose sharks, stingrays, and some other fish I don't know the names of.

Anthony
[signature]
Keep in mind, this was two years ago. I'll be down there again this summer, I love fishing the surf, In one week, I got about 60 fish off the beach. The most fun was out on the beach at 12:00, you put your rod in your beach chair and you would watch it. When it bent over all the way, you usually had a fish. One of my cousins that really cant fish at all came out with me and within five minutes had a surfperch! They arent big, but they sure are fun, and they make great bait. We went down to a jetty, cut a perch up and got a really nice calico, which tasted great after filleted.Can Anyone tell me how much its gonna cost me for a week long license? I'm sure its around $70 for non-residents, but I'm not sure, now that I'm over sixteen, I can't fish for free! Hey, one more thing Kayote-You ever go after the grunion when they run? Ive been four or five times but never seen em', yet a woman right next to me got a bunch. There a cool looking fish.

Anthony
[signature]
If I remember right, it will cost $5 a day for a nonresident license in California. That's what it was last year, but Arnold may have changed that to offset the deficit LOL. Yeah, I used to get grunion all the time. Very fun. They remind me a lot of Bear Lake cisco, only they taste much better. We would fry them whole on the beach, heads, scales, guts and all. A little tip: when you get grunion, put them on a hook and cast them into the surf while your grabbing more. The big predators are there for the same reason you are, to eat grunion. I've caught some of my best halibut during the late night grunion runs. Dang, now you have me longing for the ocean. Hmmmmmmmmmm...........

Good Saltwater Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Halibut off the beach? Ive never seen it done, I'll have to try it though, but I'll need a heavier rod. The second attachment is a fish that ate a piece of crab that I smashed at Jolly Rogers, I don't know what it is. You ever been down to Jolly Rogers? We got crabs galore, a few fish, and even had an octopus come off the bottom for a piece of hot dog! Fun stuff crabbing is. The first attachment is a surfperch, and the third is one of the shovelnose sharks that I caught. Just talking about this stuff makes me want to go to cali. Maybe I'll take a fly rod this summer?
Anthony
[signature]
Hard to tell by the pic, but your mystery fish looks like an opaleye. Did it look like this?

[Image: opaleye.jpg]
[signature]
Nah, It didn't look like that. You ever caught a squirelfish?

Anthony
[signature]