Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expo draw results
Does anyone know when and where the results for the western hunt expo tags will be posted? My wife and daughter put in and I didn't see, on the paper work, what that info was. Thank you kindly
[signature]
If you applied in that drawing, the result is that you donated money to a bunch of thieves and liars.

Other than that you should be able to find out what you're looking for by visiting the hunt expo's site.
[signature]
Slander people often?[:/] Thanks for your rant. I guess the hundreds of good habitat projects done by SFW and the Mule Deer Foundation are just useless unless approved by yourself? Why don't you post a list of all the projects you have done to benefit wildlife so we can compare it. Put your money where your mouth is amigo!

I saw today where my wife and daughter did not draw any tags through the expo. It was sure fun giving it a whirl. We enjoyed seeing the booths, looking at neat sheds and mounts, visiting with fellow hunters and dreaming a little over Africa or Canada trips. Didn't meet a single thief or liar. Who'da thunk it!!!
[signature]
Keep Drinking the SFW koolaid.

30% goes to the state of Utah

60% goes to wildlife projects (There is money missing if you look at the tax info)

10% goes to admin fees.

The greatest lie the devil ever told was convincing humanity that he didn't exist.

The greatest lie that SFW ever told was that all of the money would go back to the wildlife in Utah.

It was a said day when another organization proposed to give 100% to the state of Utah for the expo as well as ticket sales from the event and the state of Utah decided to not follow it's own process and invent a new process to ensure SFW received the expo. SFW after discovering the other organization's bid, did not chance their bid at all - because they knew that they would win. The least they could have done was make it competitive, but they didn't.

I like the expo for the things that you suggested, but the corruption in the bidding process is disturbing and people should not be satisfied with how it went down this past year.

It is about transparency and not simply stating the money goes to wildlife, SFW needs to show how every dollar is spent and have a third party verify that they are spending money the way that they advertise they are spending the money.

As far as putting your money where your mouth is. A one time membership to RMEF will do more in conservation, than a 10 year relationship with the expo and SFW. RMEF is a big player in the US and SFW is only a big player in Utah, where they can get their way. SFW is making Utah a laughing stock in the western hunting community. There are a lot of things wrong with SFW and they could make them right, but they choose to pursue money and fame rather than doing the right thing for the right reason.
[signature]
I used to be a member of the RMEF, until I found out what they did with my money. Yes, they have done conservation projects and purchased/leased ranches to help the elk, but some of them, like the big one in the Dakota's is off-limits to regular members unless you are willing to fork over thousands of dollars to hunt there. The average member will never have a chance to utilize that asset. Much like not being able to hunt the "King's Deer". Then there is all the other money they have spent to "protect" land, of which much of it is landlocked on private property. Again, the average RMEF member will only benefit from that in a minor way where the elk both summer and winter on those private lands. Go to the RMEF website and take a look at their map of properties they have invested in. Not a pretty site. Preserving elk habitat where the benefit will primarily go to private land owners or the rich at my expense was too much for me so I didn't renew my membership. Their magazine is OK but not worth that price.
[signature]
Was I talking to you???

I drink no koolaid. I am not a member of SFW or the mule deer group. I simply attended the expo for the above mentioned reasons. So get your facts straight before taking a run at me. Puff up your chest all ya want, but do it at me and I have a problem.

Scream all you want about how unfair it is and how one conservation outfit is better or worse. But tell that to a DWR official or your state legislator.

The fact remains, money was raised (90% of the kitty by your expert math) that benefits wildlife and my family had a fine time. I didn't need you permission to attend and I sure as hell don't need your arrogant attitude jumping in my discussion with El Matador. I am incredulous that a thread asking a question on where I could find some info turned into this total BS!

Good evening. Next time I need to be told how and what to think, i'll send ya a PM
[signature]
Weird, I didn't know this was a private forum or conversation. [cool]

The issue is those in Utah do not care about this issue.

They would rather just be a sheep in the flock, than pay attention to what is going on.

A simple Google Search of SFW or Don Peay can give you all the facts you seek.

It might be a lude point, because Rob Bishop and Chris Stewart from Utah are trying to take away public lands.

Utah even as a Non Resident is a scary state, because their elected officials may change the way of hunting as we know it.
[signature]