Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat battery questions
I have a minn kota 24v powerdrive and my batteries are Interstate deep cycles and an on board charger, boat was brand new in May last year. I plugged in the charger and only one battery will charge. After further investigating one of the batteries has reversed polarity and will not charge. Is this a common problem? I beleive the battery charger is a guest 2 bank, does it have a history of having a bad side that would quit charging the battery and cause the battery to reverse polarity. Thanks for any info you share.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I cannot answer your questions, but if it were me, I would find the nearest Interstate service center and take it all to them for a thorough analysis of your setup and recommendations as to how to proceed from there. If the battery was at fault, they will make good on a replacement.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Not sure of your exact setup but---
My boat has a 12v - 24v front troller, a switch changes the voltage to the electric motor. When charging that switch must be in the 12v position for both batteries to charge. If left in the 24v position when charging only one of my batteries charges.
[signature]
Is your battery charger ( guest 2) a 1 bank 2 bank or 3 bank?
and is it 2amp per bank. which would take a long time to charge a battery.
you need one bank for each battery, How is it Wired? you should have one Positive and one Negative wire for each battery. from the charger.
two get 24 Volts look at this
https://www.google.com/search?q=wiring+b...n8r66PM%3A

check this out
http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Battery-Ch...-Chargers/
[signature]
i have the same problem give me a call and i will tell you what to do. 801 372-6929
[signature]
Just about every interstate I have had went bad long before they ever should have, I went to Walmart battery and they have been great..
[signature]