Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farmington Cabelas
Has anyone heard the opening date for the new Cabelas in Farmington. I drove by yesterday and the outside is finished and they were hanging traffic lights on the road in front. Checked the Cabelas' website. It says, "spring 2016".
[signature]
A friend of mine works there and he said they plan on opening April 21st
[signature]
Thanks for the update, looking forward to one a little closer... J
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]Thanks for the update, looking forward to one a little closer... J[/quote]

Same here
[signature]
I thought you were in Utah county. Well at least team South's boundaries, this one falls into the north zone. You on this side of SLC? Later J
[signature]
Hopefully they can keep the fishing tackle stocked up more so than the Lehi store, seems like every trip I make for tackle they had it at one point but were out of stock.
[signature]
That seems to be my luck at most stores for the hot items like fire tiger cranks last spring after word got out that they were working well. Online works but costs you a week or so to get them plus the shipping costs. Anyway let's hope they stock well for fishing equipment. Later J
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]I thought you were in Utah county. Well at least team South's boundaries, this one falls into the north zone. You on this side of SLC? Later J[/quote]

I am at the southern end of North Salt Lake. This store will be 15 minutes from my house.
[signature]
Same here! Can't wait for it to open. So much closer than any other shops.
[signature]
That can be trouble having a store that close, you'll end up spending too much, well at least I would, you probably have better control than I do in fishing stores. Anyway it's always nice to be able to find what you need and not have to pay shipping. Good luck on not buying more than you really need. Later J
[signature]
I also visit the cabelas in Grand Junction CO and it does get expensive when I go. Try not to go too much.
[signature]
That is interesting that Cabelas is opening in Farmington. Sportmans Warehouse is opening a new store in South Jordan on March the 4th.
[signature]
Can you give me a Google maps location, or address.? Thanks
[signature]
It's across the interstate from Lagoon.
[signature]
It's okay to buy more than you really need as long as the kids still get fed.
[signature]
Good point. Later J
[signature]
I buy from several stores on line and don't pay shipping or sales tax, most require you spend at least $50 though but the prices are usually cheaper.[Smile]
[signature]
I do that as well when I can, but I still love to see what I'm getting before I plunk down the money. If I'm buying a new rod or reel, I want to test them by feel before I buy. But when I know exactly what I want I do like you do. Later J
[signature]
They must get enough business to compete. I buy all of my gear online through private sellers and get screamin deals. Still, good to see Cabelas in Utah
[signature]
It is going to be one of there smaller model stores. It looks similar to the Idaho Falls store they opened last year up there. I was excited because I spend a lot of time up that way, but was very disappointed with the store. It is smaller in variety, selection and just not a very impressive set up. Seems confusing to me, but I guess for those that don't have specific needs that the larger store fills, this will be a good little tackle shop. That's about all it is at the end of the day.
[signature]