Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hand in Hand Outdoors/American Heroes Project
I know it's been a long time since I've seen anything on here from Hand in Hand Outdoors so I thought I'd drop a quick update video. Last year we had over 700 people on the water. Primarily disabled Veterans and children. If you see Freedoms dreams at Strawberry, please come bye wakeless and give the boat a wave, those aboard appreciate it. We also have a camp at Flaming Gorge which is near completion and you may see either boat Serenity (new for 2016) or Hope. We also have a 33 ft cabin cruiser which will be slipped there. Such an amazing organization. I made this video from a slide show. It's a statement of the number of people we've had on the boats over the last four years. Sadly, several of the Veterans on these videos are no longer with us. Importantly, many more are and are amazing people which we're sharing the love of fishing. Please feel free to contact me by private message if you have any questions about Hand in Hand. Just FYI, many of you know this, but Steve Henline (longtime BFT member) is who started this organization and is who still drives the non profit with the drive of a 20 year old who just graduated basic training. If anyone would like to contribute to this non profit, we appreciate every penny. www.handinhand.org is their web site. Another FYI, all of us are volunteers currently, to take the numbers of people out on the water that we have with no paid staff is as close to a miracle as it gets. When we open the camp at Flaming Gorge, this will change obviously. In any case, I wanted to put something on BFT as without this web site, I would have never gotten to know Roger Schafer, who's boat I was on fishing when I met Steve Henline, developed a friendship with and have jumped in with both feet to do what I can to help those so deserving. I can't wait for Spring, bring on the soft deck!

https://youtu.be/b9dkG2tyPo8
[signature]
Very Cool!
[signature]