Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UT Lake/Jordan River
I'm wanting to head out to Utah Lake this Friday for my first attempt at bowfishing. If I don't get into the carp and like to have a back up plan. I've seen and heard some reports on decent fishing for white bass on the JR. I was just wondering where would be a good place to start out at?

I was looking at Google Maps and seen the pump house and the 'Inlet Park" that's right by it. Is there any water coming out at all this time of year? PM's are welcomed and thank you in advance!
[signature]
I could not tell you about the bass in the river. I can tell you that as of yesterday at 3:30 pm the river was still down. I thing they open flow around the 15th of March. I am not quite sure of the date but there is some kind of agreement with the folks north of here that has set a specific date and amount of flow. I know last year it was several weeks before any significant runoff. It is hard to watch the water go down river when I want it in the lake.

Let us know how you do going after the carp. I need some cut bait and I getting a little anxious to try out my new fish bow.
[signature]
You won't see to many carp in the shallows yet, you need to wait till they warmup and the carp are spawning, May and June !! Go fishing !!
Is the Jordan River one of the Utah Lake tributaries you can fish then? I will be out there in a couple weeks and wanted to hit UL or there abouts.
[signature]
I believe tributary is water flowing into the lake not out.
Jordan River is out so you are fine.
[signature]
Lots of water in the jr north of 90th south, flows in from big and little cottonwood and millcreek.
I was at 6200 s yesterday and they added a new water fall and rocks for rapids, cut down all the brush and dead trees, looks real nice.
You can walk the trail from the parking lot north or south and find good places to fish.
[signature]