Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter lure making
Sanpete gets a little slow in the winter so I spend my spare time making lures. Waiting for open water so I can field test. Some of the lures are in the attachment.
[signature]
Some good looking lures there. Bet that most of them pass the field test just fine.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Those look pretty good.

Just a suggestion though. You will probably catch more fish if you put hooks on them.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Probably will have to apply for a loan just to buy hooks!
[signature]
Wow those are some nice looking lures.
[signature]
thats a great job ,i see some i'd like to try , nice job
[Smile]
[signature]
You do nice work.
[signature]
Fantastic ......... Lure making is a lot like fishing. You never know what you've created until something bites it.
I too, have a bunch that I need to try.
[signature]
Two questions, first, are you usiing a brush or air brush ?? Two, what type of paint are you using, solvent based or water ?? Nice looking baits !!

Its a funny thing I was looking at a website that sells stencils(templates) for fishing lures; and then I visit BFT Utah and low and behold there is a guy that has a post about painting lures, coincidence!

I have a question do you have any stencils or templates you get online? Here is a website that sales stencils.

http://lurelayouts.com/index.php?main_pa...20a&page=5
[signature]
I use only acrylic paints. I use envirotec lite epoxy. 2 coats. The manufacture states that each coat is equal to fifty coats of lacquer. Very durable and there are no harmful smells.
[signature]
Envirotec lite is the topcoat not the paint. I use an airbrush and all my stencils are homemade.
[signature]
beautiful lures. are the plugs bought that way or do you carve them or cast them out of some kind of plastic?
[signature]
They are all hand carved out of various woods. I usually use maple, cherry, and cedar depending on what action that I want.
[signature]
well then, my hat is off to you sir! hand crafted, hand carved lures; and beautiful to boot. very, very cool. nice work indeed
[signature]