Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Catfish Contest SkunkedAgain
Wow Zingggggg, that was good, but lowwwww... I guess I deserve it after posting that fish though... Only carp and mudders on the bite last night... No channels to be found by me anyway...

I had a night of equipment failures, got a 26-27" carp to net and was about to dip it and my line let go... This was the pole I set up to be my big fish go getter, so I don't know what was up with that line... Retied another hook and on the next hit, I gave a bit of a hairy jerk and it was a big fish and the line broke again before I even got to fight it.. Time to head back to the barn and reline that pole I guess... Usually don't have braid type line go bad, but that dang white stuff is not my favorite for holding up... I love the way it casts, but it's not a good long life line...

Well I didn't get those carp filleted for bait last night, I hope they don't pick up too fowl of a taste if I do that tonight... Might be stink bait...

Anyhow, guess I better enjoy my only chart topper of the year, or is that a chart bottomer... Later J
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Boatloadakids] 2016 Catfish Contest SkunkedAgain - by SkunkedAgain - 04-06-2016, 03:25 PM