Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Catfish Contest Tin Can
OK, sign me up Jeff. Want to check the calibration on my bump board? attached. The BFT logo is laminated on the board, and I will have this years entry sheet with it should I actually post anything.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Forest that looks great approved. Just remember your user and the 2016 on a label. Thanks J
[signature]
Like this one? Reduced and rotated so it will fit in a plastic document holder, then in my tackle box without getting all mangled
[signature]

Cool
Yes that will work. J
[signature]
Hey, my first contest post. Yea, I know. Not huge, and still at the back of the pack, but it is a start.

Willard Bay 7 May 2016 (During the BFT Flotilla) 21 inch.

[#00BF00][inline "(05) 21 inch Cat First post to contest 2016.jpg"][/#00BF00]
[#00BF00]Here ya go Forest 21 points to start... In the future please just attach a photo for us to score instead of putting the picture inline, it makes it so I can't zoom in and see details... Thanks and nice job... first fish of the flotilla that broke the skunk... just about the only fish.. J[/#00BF00]
[signature]

Cool
Jeff, was out near your place today. Think I actually found your channel buoys? Anyway, I got to break in my new BFT Spinning rod. Had it rigged with 8 lb. line and a #1 bait hook with a worm between a couple hummocks where the reeds were sticking up with about a 10 yard gap of water between the reed beds, and the water I would guess about 3 feet deep. At the same time had a heavier rod with 12 lb. line out a big circle hook. Now the idea was catch some medium size carp to use for cut bait on the new rod, and maybe hook up a good size Cat at on the other one. Well, worked out just backwards. Within one minute of each other, I had a hard hitting, running, rolling Cat on the new rod, and while I was trying to get it set on my contest bump board, the heavy rod drag started screaming. Got it in and it was a good sized Carp.
Is there a side Carp contest this year ?

The Cat is 22 inch, caught at Benson Marina today 8 June 16.

The Carp is 24 inch (I think) caught about a minute
later.

[#00ff00]Good for 22 cat, 24 carp points... Nice job... J[/#00ff00]
[signature]

Cool
Forest do you have any clearer or larger file size copy of those pictures? I can't read the scale. Thanks J
[signature]
I was afraid of that. No, that's the only photos I have. That's the problem with my little cell phone camera. In order to get the whole fish in one shot, I have to get back so far that the numbers are hard to read.

If you can't accept that cat or carp, no problem. I modified the board and will try again some time.
[signature]

Cool
I think I can give them to you, but they are hard to make out on the phone anyway. Nice job and yes we do have a carp division going this year. Later Jeff
[signature]
I tried to mark the board with some bigger numbers. Then took a photo of it today at the distance it would take to get the whole board in my small cell phone camera.
I was able to zoom the photo when I got home. The numbers get just a bit blurry but can read them better that the ones on the tape.
Let me know what you think
[signature]

Cool
Looks good to me Forest. J
[signature]
Willard Bay: 25 August 2016: 21 inches

Already had this one home and ready to fillet, and noticed he was almost as long as my fillet board. So grabbed my tape, and printed out another contest marker (my other one is in my tackle box, in my boat, in the storage unit with the bump board) Not as big as TD's Cat yesterday, but should put me up over the 60 inches total for 3 contest fish. Maybe I'll get one of the hogs like TD's before October...........[fishin]

[#00ff00]Nice job Forest good for 21 points... J[/#00ff00]
[signature]

Cool