Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web scammers
OK, let's see who can post up the funniest exchange with a web scammer. I will make the first entry. I received the following email (I added the font coloring to hopefully make it easier to read):

[#ff0000]"Dear Kent Jasperson [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]With due respect I am Albert Ding, a legal attorney to my late client who had the same surname as yours. He died leaving a huge amount of Money in one of our local banks. Please respond back for more details.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]Thanks
[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]Mr. Albert Ding Ham."[/#ff0000]

This was my reply:

[#0000ff]"Someone claiming to be an attorney and is using a Hotmail email account and doesn't have a signature block with the name, address and contact information for your law firm. If you are an attorney then I am the Easter Bunny. If I were to believe you then you would ask for money from me before I could receive this "...huge amount of Money..." from you, and I am not stupid enough to do that. BTW which of my long-lost relatives died and where can I obtain a copy of the death notice?"[/#0000ff]

His reply:

[#ff0000]"Dear Kent Jasperson, [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]How are you. Hope you are fine. Thanks for your response to my correspondence. Could you please give me a listening ear.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]However, I ought to have given you details regarding this fund transfer, in seeking your humble consent as the beneficiary to my late Client Mr.Harry Jasperson; which you have the same surname with him.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]Meanwhile, I will like you to call me in order for us to know each other and to expedite the process of getting this funds out from the bank. Moreover, as they Bank officials has notified me to present my late client's next of kin. And all legal documents will be issued on your names which I will apply for it as soon as you indicates more of your interest.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]The only thing I required from you is your honesty and sincerity in this transfer, in order for us to get this fund out from the Bank and it will be transferred into your account, within this period of time. All necessary requirements will be provided to you as the beneficiary to deceased Estate fund valued of $18,755,000.00 as soon as possible.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]Having said the above, I will appreciate if you can come over here in Malaysia so that they Bank will release and transfer the whole funds to you upon your arrival as soon as the whole legal documents are in our possession which has to be issued on your names by the government authorities.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]Finally, I shall await in hearing from you. Below is my telephone numbers. Get back to me in time, so that I will send you all legal details and procedures regarding to this transfer. All what I required is your honesty and you have to promise me that you will not cheat on me immediately the fund gets to you. Attached here with my legal ID for you to be acquainted in knowing whom I am, you can as well call me for more explicit details.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]Thanks for your co-operation.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]Respectfully,[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]Barrister Albert H.Ding [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000] [#ff0000]{Senior Advocate}[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000] [#ff0000]Albert & Associates[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000] [#ff0000]#1A, First Floor Penang[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000] [#ff0000]Street 10200 Georgetown,[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000] [#ff0000]Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000] [/#ff0000] [#ff0000]Tel: 0060163171630."
[/#ff0000]
And my reply:

[#0000ff]"Hi Albert,

I am already a wealthy man and I don't need any additional money. This is my authorization for you to donate the entire $18,755,000 to the Red Cross. I am sure that they will put the funds to good use and Uncle Harry would be proud that his money went to a good cause. Also, please deduct your fee from the available funds, and I trust you to be honest and to only take the amount that is rightfully due you.

Thank you and have a great day.

Kent"[/#0000ff]
[signature]
that's hilarious , i wish these scammers would crawl back under the rock came out from under .
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]My reply is ALWAYS the same 2 words (the first initials are F & O) and most on here wouldn't see it as funny and the moderators would immediately ban me if I used them on here. [Wink][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Bob, I doubt that any moderator would ban you for typing "Fish on" on here.[Wink] But then again with your reputation, on here, you may have a point.[Wink][Wink]
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl]But then again with your reputation, on here, you may have a point.[Wink][Wink][/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Yes Sir, I always have to step lightly on here - trouble maker that I am. But what the hey; life's a beach, and then you die.[/#800000][/font]
[Smile] [fishin] [Smile]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Email I received today from Production@advancedfood.com:

[#ff0000][size 3]"I want to return my order and a full refund. [/size][/#ff0000][font "Arial"][size 3][#ff0000]Attached is the order receipt. Thank you

Michelle Johnson
9807 Lackman Road, Lenexa KS. 66219
(913) 888-7089"[/#ff0000]

[#0000bf]My reply:

"Ok, go ahead and return your order."

My second reply:

"BTW - if you think I am going to open your attachment, it isn't going to happen."[/#0000bf]

[/size][/font]
[signature]
How come you are always the one to get these Email's Kent? Oh, maybe my spam filter is working[Wink], don't you have one or maybe you just like playing with these people.
[signature]
Not sure why I am the lucky one and yes I enjoy playing with them, especially those who call me claiming to be from the IRS.
[signature]
Text I received on 8/12/16 (I have added color to hopefully make it clearer [#0000FF]my messages [/#0000FF]from [#FF0000]his messages[/#FF0000].):

[#FF0000]Can you teach my son, his name is Hart, he is 16 year old, reply to me via email (micollinn02@gmail.com)[/#FF0000]

Our email exchange with my email first:

[#0000FF]Please let me know what tutoring your son needs?

[/#0000FF]
[#FF0000]Hello,
My son is coming to your state and I want him to be busy in the time of the day. i have decided to let him attend your lesson and he will be coming 2 hours per day, base on the time that you will give him. so i want you to calculate the cost of 2 hour per day for three days in a week per Month and send me the total fees,so that my client in the state will send you check for the payment,get back to me with the fees amount,I have made the arrangement for the service of a driver that will be driving him throughout his stay in the state and he will also be driving him down to your tutor center.
Kindly get back to me with......

1.YOUR CHARGES FOR 2 HOURS....
2.TOTAL CHARGES FOR A MONTH ..
3.FULL NAME AND ADDRESS WITH ZIP CODE....
4.YOUR PHONE NUMBER...

Don't hesitate to e-mail with your total charges. Thanks and looking to hearing from you soon.
With Best Regards

[/#FF0000]
[#0000FF]Hi David,

I need to make sure that your son will be close enough to my tutor center. My tutoring center is located in Aneth, Utah. Where will your son be staying?

[/#0000FF][#FF0000]My son is coming there to stay for 2 months
Kindly get back to me with......

4.YOUR PHONE NUMBER...

Don't hesitate to e-mail with your total charges. Thanks and looking to hearing from you soon.
With Best Regards

[/#FF0000][#0000FF]Hi David,

How soon will I be paid and how will you send the check to me?

[/#0000FF][#FF0000]I will mail payment to you via USPS as soon as you get back to me with the below information:

4.YOUR PHONE NUMBER...

With Best Regards

[/#FF0000][#0000FF]Hi David,

Charge for two hours is $160

Total charges for a month is $4,000

My charges are high because I only use the very best ex-convicts as tutors. I will also do some of the tutoring. I'm sure that you want the very best ex-convict and me tutoring your precious 16 year old son Hart.

Here are some examples of the type of tutors that I use:

[url "http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=35420995"]http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=35420995[/url]

[url "http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160811/news/160819716/"]http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160811/news/160819716/[/url]

Mail check to:

We Noteachem Kids Tutoring

146 S. Iliedtou Becauseuarelyingtome Street

New York, NY 10007

I am hard of hearing, and only completed school through the second grade, so I don't use a phone. Please communicate with me by email.

Kent [/#0000FF]
[signature]
Well, he may be a tiny bit smarter than I initially gave him credit for, because I sent my last message at 8:34 AM (this morning) and he hasn't gotten back to me.
[signature]
Wow, you do have the best tutors Kent[Wink].
[signature]
Thanks, I choose nothing but the best of the best.
[signature]
I would win, if I kept them because the very best, most obvious web scammers proliferate on dating websites so much that here is a warning from our embassy in the nation most notorious for the scams:

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/scams.html

To bad I don't have an example to post. They're easily recognizable by claiming to be local near me yet English is a second language at best and they translate to English comically poorly. Another characteristic is not one mention of any part of my profile -- not just because they can't read, but to make it an easy copy and paste for them to send out thousands.
[signature]
I got a call from "Steve" (with a very hard accent that sounded Indian) claiming to be from the IRS and that I needed to wire some semi-large random amount of money to them immediately or the US Marshals would be at my door within moments to arrest me.

I told them that my wife handles all of the money and I'd be happy to give them her number and she'd take care of it. I gave them the Utah County Sheriff dispatch number. No idea if they called, but he sounded thrilled when I seemed cooperative. Caller ID showed a Utah number, but I doubt that it originated within the US.

Matt
[signature]
I got a call yesterday that was a recording stating that they were the treasury dept. and that I owed taxes and need to call them to settle it or they would have a warrant issued for my arrest. So ya the smart-aleck that I am I called the number back and to my surprise it worked. A guy answered with a thick indian accent with just "hello". I asked for his name, he answered this is the treasury dept. I again asked with whom am I speaking, he replied with "what is your name". I replied with "asked you first". He delayed a bit then replied "Frank Hansen". Almost LOL, then asked for his title and what position he held, Click and silence, he hung up on me. So called back and asked why he hung up on me and got "Do not call us anymore" and he hung up again.
I plan on calling back again today.
[signature]
Deleted
[signature]
Ah, Kent ... you are one lucky man!
[signature]
How so. BTW I deleted my last post because of the remote possibility that one of my recent scammers would recognize me and perhaps figure out where I live. I hopefully did at least a little damage to their game.
[signature]
call back and let us know!!!!
[signature]
Got the "This number is out of service" message, go figure.
[signature]