Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boulder power station pond
We went on a family vacation for spring break and wanted to wet a line while we were out. Not knowing anything about fishing in southern Utah, we stopped and asked the locals in Boulder where to go. When we were told to go to the power plant, I kind of thought, is that the best they've got?!?

After the 3rd person told us that was where to go, I figured, okay, there might be something to this place.

We went at high noon, worst fishing time of the day right? On my 3rd cast with a white and orange Rapala, I caught my first fish. We only stayed an hour, but in that hour, I caught eight 12" or so trout. Now, here's the cool part, I caught 6 Colorado Cutthroat, 1 rainbow and 1 Tiger! How cool is that to catch all 3 species in that short period of time on a little pond. I caught fish on just about everything, Rapalas, tubes, spoons and spinners. (I'm kind of impatient, if I haven't had a bite in 15 casts, I'll change out to something else. Wink )

On a side note, my son is still mad at me because he fished the whole hour and didn't catch anything until 5 minutes before it was time to leave when he caught 1 Cutt. Don't judge me. Everytime I caught a fish, I traded him rods and said, " Here, this one seems to be working, try this." Finally he caught one on his own. Smile
[signature]
Great report! Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Yup, one of the best spots on the Boulder.
[signature]