Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 cat fish contest. MSM1970
4/1/16. UL I think it 29 1/2 after looking at the pics, but you guys are the judge, wasn't ready for good pics couldn't find the good tape, I was after eyes. Thiught i foul hooked a carp at first, big suprise big cat. Ended up with a 26 eye [Image: fish-on.gif]

[#00bf00]Yup, it's at least 30", with some help and a better scale you might have gotten another half inch out of it... Very nice fish, one of the top ten for the year I'll bet... Good job and I did score it more closely than others.. 30 points..[/#00bf00]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Nice cat!! I don't think I remember one that big last year until May or June. I bet with a bigger easy to read tape you could have hit 30". Good luck with the judges.
[signature]
Nice! Looks like 30" to me.
[signature]
Really nice southern cat. Easy 29 1/2 and 30 with a little repositioning on the tape. Nice surprise catch while working the eyes over. Keep 'em coming.

BLK
[signature]
Very surprise especially on a rapala, it's back in there for you, searched everywhere for the good tape, found that one but the pull tab was broken off hat break it apart to get that, went out this morning missed one eye, but skunk. Try in the morning.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
Nice fish, I'll have to check on the computer to score it, but yes 29.5 is for sure and most likely the first 30"er I've seen. Good job. J
[signature]
here is another one,UL 4-9, 24.5 took a curly tail was hoping it was the 30 in eye but they didn't want to play, the white bass are starting to move in

[#00ff00]Got it good for 24.5 points... Good job... J[/#00ff00]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
The cats are liking the curly tails this year, caught 3 last night in front of the orchards,

**CAUTION THERE IS ROCK BY THE DOCK, IT IS IN THE MIDDLE STRAIGHT OFF THE END OF THE RAMP YOU WALK DOWN, PULL YOUR BOAT TO ENDS WITH YOUR MOTOR AWAY FROM THE MIDDLE **

UL, 4/19/16 close to 26 in,

[#00ff00]Okay I may need to call in a second judge on this one, it looks good, but when I line my straight edge up on the tapes straight line and project it out, it appears to be about 1/8" short... I will award 25.5 points but call for a second opinion on this one, its pretty close... congrats on taking first place.... J

[#008000]I'd concur. Tough call as it's over 25.5, but . . . not quite to 26. Always tough with angles, wiggly fish.
And Lava can tell you how I a about nipping a 1/2 inch. [cool] [:p]
Still a respectable fish.
[/#008000][/#00ff00]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
Went out after work looking for walleye. White bass wouldn't hardly let my jigs get 10 ft through the water before they hit it, one small cat on the jigs. So I kept one and threw a chunk out under a bobber to take a break and lable some waypoints, bobber down just after it hit the water out came this guy.

UL 5-4-16
30 in
[#00bf00]
[/#00bf00]
[#00bf00]Holy big headed ugly monster, I'll bet that one pulled, if it's body matched it's head it would have been that 36"er BLK has been after... Anyway 30 points for a commanding lead in the contest with 2 at the magic 30" mark, nice job... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
Aaaa.... that's the same fish you caught last month with an updated photo... same color, same whiskers, same tail, same ugly look, and overweight. Check it out Jeff, I think he is trying to pull a fast one on us.[Wink][Wink]

So... that's two 30 inch southern cats and it is still way early in the contest. MSM is surely lonely all by himself in the 30 inch club. Way to go!!

I say we will be seeing more 30+ inch cats (mostly southern) before too much longer. There is one out there with my name on him, I just gotta find him.

Fun. Good luck to all.

BLK
[signature]
BLK, you was getting a little close to me on the scores so I figured I better up the a little[Wink], see different tape, I'm a little more prepared, this one I think is related to the other one, both caught with in 20 yds of each other,[Wink]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
Wow! Nice job buddy!!! I'm still searching for my first 30" er!

That is one big ugly cat. Looks like you're gonna be tough to beat!

PM me!

D
[signature]