Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba Lake
Hey guys, my wife and I are going down to Yuba this weekend and I am going to try to catch a Northern Pike there. I have never tired for the pike and was hoping for any tips or tricks to catch them? I'll let you know how I did afterwards.
[signature]
Trolling or casting perchy-looking swim baits and rapallas has been the best for me.

Firetiger baits also work. Troll or cast the shallows and hope for the best!
[signature]
6 inch chub on a double treble steel wire set up, hooked so it sits horizontal under a bobber, for when your arms get tired of casting, if your trolling go around 3 mph,
[fishin]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Copper or gold gold colored spoons, anything that looks like a perch.
[signature]
Anchovies under a bobber work for me just have to give them a twitch while once in a while. I also throw chartreuse spinners and perch patterned crank baits and top lures. This time of year it's best to fish in the afternoons when the water has warmed up a bit. I am going to be out there hopefully Thursday afternoon if I can get someone to go with me but I will be there definitely Friday afternoon . I fish painted rocks straight across from the boat ramp there's usually good fishing in that area. Hope this helps you out good luck.
[signature]
i second the anchovies, the only bait that worked for me last year in a few trips . i highly recommend circle hooks
[signature]