Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek Cabin Project
I put together a deal for an acre and a new module cabin on Soldier Creek which has lead me down the road to ask for anyone that they can recommend for a septic system, foundation & concrete forms, and water line installation. I am acting as the general contractor and I'm looking to do as much of the work as possible but I know I need to hire the above to get it done right - any recommendation would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
[signature]
Concrete forms for the cabin foundation ? As for the septic, get the required spec's from the county health department (they will spec tank size, leach field length ect... it's all based on number of bathrooms and intended occupancy) Once you have that info , purchase your tank at duracrete in west valley , they will bring it and set it in the hole with their crane ( tank will run around $1500) It's not to hard to install , just need a back hoe , perforated pipe , a load of sand , a load of gravel. You will save a lot of money doing it yourself, ( $ 2500 vs 10,000 grand to hire it out)
As for the foundation , you can rent forms @ ICS on 1700 south 340 west slc.
I am a retired general contracter, If you have any questions feel free to p.m. me anytime
[signature]
Wow thanks for the GREAT info Lonnie -- appreciate the information as I am a do-it-self kinda guy and my son-in-law is a hoe operator - I can see the plan forming now!
[signature]
Glad To Help. FYI, Sometimes they require a perk test, No big deal, You just need to dig a 8-10' deep hole in the desired locale for your septic. The health inspector will come and do an inspection to see what the water table is doing ect...Different health depts. have different requirements. They will also tell you how much leach field will be required. ( A trench with a gravel bottom, seep cloth , and perforated drain pipe, length of trench will be determined by the health dept. and can be run zig zag at a 1/4" per foot min drainage generally)
Your water supply line needs to be soft copper, what ever size is coming off the meter, 3/4-1 ". needs to be buried below frost line (generally 30" but may be more up there) It will need to be one piece from the meter to the in house connection. solder at the meter will need to be 95/5% silver solder (no led)
Let me know if you need info, I'm glad to help.
Lonnie c-801-819-2111
[signature]
Don't pay anywhere near $10,000 for a simple septic system.
[signature]