Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swimming at Bear Lake!!!
We hit Cisco Beach this morning,scooped are 3 limits and we headed out deeper to try some jiggin not much action so I fired up the auger and started punching holes from 85'-35' after drilling my last hole in 35' I set the auger down and headed for ice scoop after about 5 steps I found one of those warm springs that had about 1" of ice over it and down I went up to my waist,luckily it was solid enough on the one edge that I could pull my self out. So if your your fishing on Cisco watch for the thin spots, most of the springs are open but not all and keep an eye on your kids this was only 25 yds off shore. Fishing sucked after that,I know what IFG means about cleaning your shorts!!M.H.
[signature]
holy crap M.H.!!! Glad you made it out ok!!!!
[signature]
that will make you talk in a high voice LMAO also glad to see you made it ok
[signature]
Dude,

Glad you could tell us about it. Leave the stupid stuff to me O.K.? Good safety tip.....hope everyone pays attention. I'm heading back up Sunday. Going north this time, away from the crowds.
[signature]
Sure glad you made out OK . Sorry to hear you got all wet . I been lucky with only getting wet to my knees only this year . Knocking on wood . LOL
[signature]
Good thing you didn't pull a Petty on that thin ice! You would have landed on your pride first and gone a little farther under - anatomy-wise![cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Glad to hear you survived and are here to tell the story! Those springs can be dangerous. BURR! That must of been cold! Did you have any dry clothes or did you fish in the wet ones?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]My brother was out a few weeks ago on Lake Mead with his older fishing friend on my brother's boat. They were both dressed warm with the older guy wearing a lot more clothes. My brother was in the stern and his friend was in the bow. My brother heard a "thunk" and turned around. His friend was nowhere to be seen! My brother looked into the water and couldn't see him. He said he reached down as far as he could and felt some material, which ended up being his friend's sweatshirt hood. He pulled his friend up to the surface. Luckily his friend ended up no worse for wear and tear. It happens that fast[/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]...[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You're lucky you didn't go under and come under the ice.[/size][/font]
[signature]
WOW!!! Glad you made it out O.K. I think that we all could learn a little from your experience. I like to carry a wading staff or broom handle with me to poke around while I walk.
[signature]
It goes to show how careful you need to be out on the ice. I was at cisco beach Saturday also and there was 6" of ice close to the shore and 4.5" further out. We should never expect the ice to consistantly the same thickness every where we go. Gald your alright Muskyhunter.

The fishing was slow for me. I only caught 1 cutthroat. Everyone I talked to had caught a couple early in the day and then fishing slowed down around 9:00.
[signature]
The funny thing is I drilled a hole less then 5' from where i went through and it was 7". I fished with wet pants for a couple hours,then we got the hell out of there!!Glad I was not carring that gas auger back with me or could have been all the way under or lost my auger,that would have really pissed me off then I would have to drill by hand!!M.H.
[signature]
I am just glad that didn't happen when I was with you the day before. I am sure my shorts would have needed cleaning too. Glad you made it out ok
I'm glad to hear you made it out OK. BLM is right, it is lucky you did not go under the ice, that is the scary part of ice fishing. The thought of breaking threw and coming up under the ice is something I don't want to think about. WH2
[signature]
I know exactly how you felt - besides wet! I was fishing Causey a couple weeks ago and found a hole that was cover with a thin layer of ice and snow when in up to my hip - fishing really sucks when your wet and (BRRRR) cold. Had no fun after that and headed home. Drove home in my boxers and t-shirt. Was just glad to make it home in the dark because that would have been a site! One major mistake I made was I was fishing alone - late in the evening - got off the lake after dark. That will never happen again.
[signature]