Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to make a thin tail grub -no mold needed
One of the most successful creations I ever came up with I discovered by accident. One day I happened to be making some soft plastic lures and stirred the hot plastic with a tbs. I noticed the thin layer left on the spoon and - POW ! - it came to me how to make a grub body thicker while at the same time leaving that super thin tail.

Once upon a time I was into making candles and the process for one type of candle is dipping it many times in hot plastic to build the shaft. Rather than using a spoon for the initial layer, I found a shiny floor tile that I tilted to pour a thin coat of plastic. I grabbed a box cutter blade and cut the sizes and shapes I wanted and then dipped the length I wanted for the body while holding the tail.

Later I found a way to shorten the process by pouring a second layer on top of the first later and then cutting the shapes to be dipped. As you can see by the inventory of baits I keep around that just happen to work on at least six fish species:
[Image: 2LdgTLc.jpg]

[Image: T1hNLBj.jpg?1]

One of the best grub designs I ever discovered!
[Image: Y2dAHza.jpg?1]

The thin straight tail blows away curl tail and swim tail design, which is why I bought the mold that makes this baits:
[Image: 747Z24s.jpg]

I use it as pictured or add it to a worm using a candle flame:

[Image: 63TffPi.jpg?1]
[signature]
Hey there, pictures are broken. Could you re upload so we can all see?
That post was two years ago. Surprised anyone replied. Too bad photobucket.com got greedy and the links were cut if you didn't subscribe. I haven't put the photos on another site that links for free.
Sorry.
[signature]
[quote SenkoSam]That post was two years ago. Surprised anyone replied. Too bad photobucket.com got greedy and the links were cut if you didn't subscribe. I haven't put the photos on another site that links for free.
Sorry.[/quote]

Trying to learn as much as i can, and learning from others tends to cost less. Smile

Photo bucket has been doing that for some time now. Oh well, thats life. i cant stand getting information from social media platform. I will happily pay the price of a few dead photo links than deal with keyboard warriors.
[signature]
Quote: Oh well, thats life. i cant stand getting information from social media platform. I will happily pay the price of a few dead photo links than deal with keyboard warriors.

Are you referring to me?
[signature]
You could consider just uploading your pics on BFT. It's no harder than using Photo bucket.
[signature]
[quote SenkoSam]
Quote: Oh well, thats life. i cant stand getting information from social media platform. I will happily pay the price of a few dead photo links than deal with keyboard warriors.

Are you referring to me?[/quote]

No - just saying there is better information on forums. Getting good information is worth a few broken links now and again.
[signature]