Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
very disappointed with the new Farmington Cabela's staff
Last night my wife and I decided to go down and check out the new location in Farmington and research some things I have been looking at buying/upgrading (including a new Lowrance HD$ unit), thought it might be fun to check it out using the members only preview before the crowds showed up. Needless to say, every question I had was met with an "I don't know", "let me look that up", or "we will have someone here tomorrow who might know the answer". I had to call the Lehi store numerous times to get questions answered and ended up buying less than half the items I went in for. What business in their right mind hires clueless monkeys that will ultimately cost them loss of revenue? I thought Cabela's only hired people who are avid outdoors people who are familiar with the knowledge and material related to the section they work in? It was definitely a negative experience and nothing like what I am used to when visiting their other stores. In the future I will be avoiding verbal contact with employees at all costs and can only hope that Bass Pro is successful in their bid.

Long story short, if you choose to visit the Farmington store be prepared to be met with blank stores and employees paging 3 other people who may or may not have an actual answer. Make sure you do your research before going in so you can just grab and go to the registers without speaking to anyone who may lower your expectations of what may be perceived as knowledgeable staff because they wear a Cabela's shirt with a nametag. And be prepared for a poorly designed parking lot layout.
[signature]
I had just the opposite view when I was there yesterday but the difference is I always expect a new store employees to not know the answers because they are new. I knew what I was looking for when I went in, so that likely helped but the employees I talked to were helpful. The ones I talked to said they brought in a number of workers from other stores but most of them were new, with no experience in working at Cabelas, so it sounds like that was who you talked to. I think all new stores are like that until the new employees learn their job, I'm sure it is a learning experience and you likely will see a big difference in those new workers in a month or so. Everyone I talked to was helpful and if they did not know the answer they got me to someone that could help. I guess its all in what you were expecting and as you said, knowing what you want before you go in. I'm very happy that they opened a Cabelas closer to us in the Northern part of the state, I'm sure I will make many more trip there[cool]. Sorry you had sure a negative experience.
[signature]
New store, new staff... Large learning curve.
[signature]
[quote fish_hntr]

What business in their right mind hires clueless monkeys that will ultimately cost them loss of revenue? I thought Cabela's only hired people who are avid outdoors people who are familiar with the knowledge and material related to the section they work in?

[/quote]

I'm sure that Cabela's hires the best employees that they can, just like every business does. Unfortunately, they don't always have the potential employees with thorough knowledge beating down the door wanting to work for them.
[signature]