Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT Flotilla 2016 Changes/Issues
Hey all, as we have tried to set up the Willard Bay flotilla for this year we have ran into a few snags.. Namely the state wants to get in on the action and charge us a $60 fee to have the get together at a state park... also the fishing contest raises some issues and makes things difficult.

So I am proposing some changes and need your votes as to which way to proceed..

Option one, continue at Willard with attendees pitching in a few bucks a head to help us meet this fee, no organized fishing contest with prizes, only fish stories after a morning of being out on the pond. We also will make a sloppy joe meal available for $5 a head or help bring some items that will be on a list we will soon provide.

Option two, change of location to Cutler Reservoir, I have some connections there that will get us some lake side facilities for our get together, we can float the river and catch a few cats we hope... Same deal on the meal as above..

Option three, cancel this year...

Let me know quickly what you prefer and we will need some solid commitments this year so we know how to budget and how much food to prepare... We plan on making the food ahead so we don't have to spend so much time preparing that day as we have in previous years... Should make the eating thing a little quicker so you don't starve.. or get bored waiting...

I think the Willard option will be the best for fishing and most highly attended, it's just whether the fee will be too high for those that attend... Note: We still have to pay the entry fee into the state park on top of the fee for this event... So that's $10 a vehicle from what I could tell from the sign... Your yearly pass will get you in if you have one and so you can avoid this cost if that applies to you...

Cutler is interesting if you haven't done it before, but the fishing has never proven real hot on previous floats, but it is a nice low pressure location where we won't have to worry about the power squadron, except for carp hunters if we get on the wrong weekend...

Let me know which you prefer, we will go with the majority... voting will conclude Saturday at midnight.. Thanks J
[signature]
I will do either but prefer Willard as I have access to a boat there. Count me and my son (CM Fishing) in either way...
[signature]
Prefer Willard, but am open to anywhere else.

Cutler might be a haul too far for some.
[signature]
I don't think we need to have an official organized group get together. Lets all who wants to go fishing, go and we may just end up at the same table at a certain time to tell tales and have lunch. The states already dipping into my pocket deep enough.
[signature]
I guess my question is what do you get for the 60 dollar fee? Reserved spot, how big there could be quite a few folks if the weather is nice. That really isn't terrible if split with a few guys.
[signature]
Gary it gets us a nice pavilion with power and plenty of room for up to 80 folks I'd think. Our risk is if we get a bad day and no one shows up then I take a hit for funding it up front. This is a private out of our pocket deal not a BFT budget we get to work with so I don't mind doing this, I just don't have extra funds to throw away. Wish I did, but still have a family and bills to keep paid. I agree if we get a good turn out it may only be a dollar or two each. So it probably won't be a big deal. Sure is fun to visit and meet the folks you chat with on line all the time. I hope it will work out. Thanks J
[signature]
[quote BagABigOne]I don't think we need to have an official organized group get together. Lets all who wants to go fishing, go and we may just end up at the same table at a certain time to tell tales and have lunch. The states already dipping into my pocket deep enough.[/quote]

Rod, I brought this up with the Willard State Park Manager yesterday, when I ask about getting the same Pavilion we got last year, his response was, if you get caught doing something like you described, where we all just show up at a random picnic area, we would be subject to a fine. If thats the case it would pretty much ruin it for everyone and I doubt anyone would want to do one of these events again. The price Jeff quoted was not only for the Pavilion but also for a Special use Permit.

I'm going to talk to the owner of BFT about some prizes that don't involve a fishing contest, it would be for posting the pictures you take at the Get Together, in the BFT Photo Gallery.
[signature]
Holy cow Curt, four pages of government red tape to get a spot to say hello.... That's a little excessive, even for me that's used to government red tape... I'll get on it, but it will take me awhile to get all that filled out... They need a short form... since 99% of it don't apply to our situation... I think it must be to persuade folks to go somewhere else... I think that $10 form fee ought to go to us for having to fill out their stupid form... Okay enough complaining... Later J
[signature]
Yea, I know, I've had to do them a few times[Sad]. If this becomes a yearly event, doing it at Willard, just keep a digital copy of the one you do this year and all you will have to do is change the dates. Like you said, most of it does not apply and not having a fish contest will make it a lot easier. The last fishing tournament I did at Willard, they wanted me to have Million dollar insurance policy, that was the last one I did[:/].
[signature]
I suggest we officially register BFT UTAH as a religion, ordain WiperHunter as our Parson-In-Chief, and officially cannonize all of TubeDude's prolific writing as scripture.

Then we get in at non-profit rates.
[signature]
Good idea on keeping a copy, I'm all about cut and paste where ever possible.... Too bad they get so fancy and uptown, they may chase us back to the swamps of Cutler after all... Thanks for getting that info for me, I'll see what I can do to get it ready and turned in if the vote goes that direction, which so far it looks like it might... Later J
[signature]
Well I hear TD meets at the chapel of the seventh day angler so maybe you're onto something there. 😉
[signature]
[quote MasterDaad]I suggest we officially register BFT UTAH as a religion, ordain WiperHunter as our Parson-In-Chief, and officially [#FF0000]cannonize all of TubeDude's prolific writing as scripture. [/#FF0000]

Then we get in at non-profit rates.[/quote]

[#0000FF]Probably improve it to get shot out of a cannon.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote MasterDaad]I suggest we officially register BFT UTAH as a religion, ordain WiperHunter as our Parson-In-Chief, and officially cannonize all of TubeDude's prolific writing as scripture.

Then we get in at non-profit rates.[/quote]

[Tongue]
[signature]
Don't get me wrong, I'll pitch in to reserve a group spot that's big enough for everyone. It's just that they're getting $10 a car entry fee. I think some entry fees should be included with that. I don't need it since I have a parks pass but others could benefit.
[signature]
Wherever we go, I'd say skip the contest and award any prizes as "Participation Trophies" by drawing names from a hat or using numbered tickets.
[signature]
prefer Willard and would be willing to pay a small fee to help keep this going. Maybe all interested would do the same as an entry fee,before hand so if it rains it will still be paid for.. last year we had a good turnout considering it raining all day
[signature]
"Wherever we go, I'd say skip the contest and award any prizes as "Participation Trophies" by drawing names from a hat or using numbered tickets."

I vote for that Rocky.. But since I have a annual day pass, I'm not worried about the entry fee.

Jeff, I'll be happy to kick in $5.00 towards the pavilion fee. If nothing else, since the Cat Fish contest didn't cost an entry this year, $5.00 for a place that is equipped, and has a roof in case it rains again is a good deal IMO.
I'll be there. You want the $ then or upfront ?
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Still good with Willard...let's just bring a bunch of pop up pivillians, a generator, and a bunch of camp chairs and set up at the light pole! lol...I'm good with whatever!
[signature]
Hey Pat, I'm a little slow and didn't catch that at first. I'm laughing now. It is explosive literature. Thanks J
[signature]