Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake Next Weekend
[#ff0000][size 3]My family and I rented a cabin for two days at Fish Lake next Friday and Saturday. Is the far end frozen yet? Where are the perch? I plan on fishing as many hours as possible while my family goes back and forth from the cabin to ice etc... Will the fish bite at night there? What depths should I target at this time of year for the splake and rainbows? What baits should I bring? Is it best to get away from the crowds here or are the popular bays the best? I do not have a snowmobile so I can only walk so far. Thanks ahead of time for any info you can provide.[/size][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][size 3]Windriver[/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]
[size 3]My boy and I fished Fish Lake at night on January 11th. Fished from about 7:00 to 9:00. It was just as fast at night for us as the day was. There was one other guy on the ice that night until 10:00 he did not do as good as we did. It was a weird feeling at night fishing in the dark with a flash light on the pole and not being able to see anything around you and listening to the ice crack & pop along with the stream running in the background. We fished the same hole both days we were there. It was right in front of the stream(about 50') that flow right there by the cabins. I was fishing in about 70' of water with fish suspend at 30'- 40'. The first day in the evening we only caught Rainbows, the next morning in the same hole I caught Splake. I talk to several people that said this has been a good place to catch Mackinaw, I did see some fish on the bottom but was not able to get them to bite. There also was a lot of others fishing north of the cabins along the moss line doing good. [/size]
[signature]
hey wind, does the place where you rented the cabin from have a website??
[signature]
[url "http://www.fishlake.com/cabin_rentals.php"]http://www.fishlake.com/cabin_rentals.php[/url]
[signature]
Yes, I found the cabins on a web site. www. fishlake.com/cabins

The cheaper cabins are not available during the winter. The one that I rented was $100 dollars for the first night and 50% off for the second. Pretty expensive, but I am sick of driving down there (3 hours) getting set up, just finding the fish in time to drive home. So I am really paying for the cabin so that my family can go back and forth and have a good time. I could have a wonderful time spending 24 hours in my ice house. Who knows maybe this will become a once a year tradition. We have been going to the Preston Idaho area every year for Memorial day and the awesome flyfishing for bluegill. Maybe this will become a yearly pilgrimage like that. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

WINDRIVER
[signature]
Goo dlucik man let us know how it goes. I always get down to Fishlake 2-3 times during the summer but need to get down for the ice
[signature]
Hey wind...
It's looking like we will be renting a cabin and heading down the same weekend. We will be arriving friday morning and staying thru sunday. The guys are trying to get the reservations changed from the 20th to next weekend. May have to run into you there. There will be around 6 or so in our party.
[signature]
I will be the one with the black toyota tacoma extended cab, Blue Ice house, pregnant wife, and two boys. Hope to meet you on the lake[Smile] I went in to town last night to upgrade my line for the macks. I hope to be able to concentrate on them. I usually get too distracted and end up chasing the perch or splake.

Windriver
[signature]
Hey windriver, Me and the kids went to Fish lake on the 16th, 17th,18th. we killed the splake and the perch, tried like heck for hours to get a hit from the macks, got a couple to come look at the jig and a hit or two but just couldnt stick em, But then again I am still new to the Mack game, but we rented a cabin there and I will do it again very soon looking at going on the 20th for the BFT party, yeah its a little pricey, but when you look at it this way the family is happy to leave you alone and go back to the cabin fro snacks and things, and you can run back get warm, get some foon into you belly and then go right back out, heck you can even leaveyou stuff in your tent and not worry about it being stolen you can see it from your cabin, so the price is worth the experiance. The kids just loved it. and I was pretty happy too I could get up early leave the cabin and i didnt have to wake them up and fight with them to get dreesed, when they woke up they knew where I was and came down, and when they wanted to leave they went back to the cabin. it made it very nice for all of us. I submitted a Fish lake fishing report on the 20th, I dont know how to attatch it or I would for you.Good luck and have fun. [Wink]
[signature]
Wind...,
I'll look for you. I have one of those green eskimo flip III tents. Haven't heard yet if the reservations got changed. Hope so, I really enjoyed our trip last year.
[signature]