Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to angling and BFT!
Hello all,

I'm Jake. 21 years old and just took up fishing a couple of years ago. Didn't grow up doing much of it - but quickly fell in love as I gave it a shot.

I started casting just off shore on the river near my house, which was pretty rough for a while. Sunfish fer days. Eventually caught my first bass and it was a big one! Attached is a photo of that guy.

Anyways I've since started working at a summer camp, so I do most of my fishing from a canoe there. Lots of bass and some northern pike on our lake. There's some Lake trout too (see my profile for a couple) but I don't really have the set up for catching those from my canoe...only get to go for them if a buddy takes me out Smile

Hope to try some more Lakes (there's plenty to go around in Southern Ontario) and catch some new fish this upcoming season...
[signature]
Welcome aboard Jake and thank you for taking the time to register.

Thank you for sharing your interest in the wonderful sport of fishing. You have come to the right place for information.

We do have a general freshwater board as well as certain species boards. Please feel free to post some of your questions there as well as anything you would like to share with us.

We also do our part in sharing since we all learn from each other. [cool]
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! Where are you from?
[signature]