Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Utah Disabled Veteran Fishing Event
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[center][font "Calibri"]2016 Utah Disabled Veteran Fishing Event[/font][/center]
[font "Calibri"]Where: Soldier Creek Marina, Soldier Creek Recreation Area, Strawberry Reservoir[/font]
[ul][li]
Entry fees will be waived for volunteers. Tell the gate attendant you are part of the Utah DAV event. You will receive a card at registration to display on your dash to signify you are an event volunteer.
[/li][/ul][font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]When: Saturday, July 30th 07:00 – 15:00[/font]
[ul][li]
We will start boater registration and launching boats at 06:00 at the boat ramp.
[ul][li]
Each boat will be assigned and given a number to display.
[/li][li]
All boats will be launched and lined up on the water prior to loading vets.
[/li][li]
Coffee, hot chocolate and donuts will be provided.
[/li][/ul][/li][li]
Veterans will arrive at 07:00 and begin registration and loading boats.
[ul][li]
Boat loading will occur 1 boat at a time in single file from the end of the dock.
[/li][li]
Boaters will move into the dock as they are called in numerical order, single file to pick up their veteran.
[/li][/ul][/li][li]
Boaters are free to head out fishing as soon as they have their assigned veteran on board.
[/li][li]
13:00 Lunch will be served
[/li][li]
13:45 – 14:15 Guest speakers
[/li][li]
14:15 – 15:00 Raffle and closing ceremony.
[font "Calibri"]What do you need: [/font]
[ul][li]
Uniform – Would like to request all active duty military to please wear working uniform, not required though.
[/li][li]
Folding chairs- we have limited available seating for the BBQ so please bring any folding chairs you may have.
[ul][li]
Fishing gear - Each veteran will receive a new rod/reel combo but not much else. Some veterans will have their own fishing gear, some will not.
[ul][li]
We will have a sheet explaining the Strawberry regulations provided to each veteran.
[/li][li]
Boaters should have a fish measuring device to comply with regulations
[/li][/ul][/li][li]
Safety Equipment – you will need to provide a life jacket for your guest fisherman. Would like each boat to have a marine band radio or hand held multi channel walkie-talkie type radio if possible. We may have some loaners for those who might not have one.
[font "Calibri"]Please contact Trevor Earl to volunteer or Todd Hall with any questions:[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Trevor Earl, Team Leader Utah Disabled Veterans Fishing Foundation[/font]
BFT members can PM Trevor to volunteer or email at [url "mailto:trevor.earl@us.af.mil"][#0000ff]trevor.earl@us.af.mil[/#0000ff][/url] or [url "mailto:trevor.earl5876@gmail.com"][#0000ff]trevor.earl5876@gmail.com[/#0000ff][/url]
Office: 801-777-2910/ Cell: 801-814-4410
[font "Calibri"]Todd Hall , Director Utah Disabled Veterans Fishing Foundation [/font]><((((º>
[font "Calibri"]utahdavfishing@gmail.com [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Office: 801-767-4608 / Cell: 208-409-2564 [/font]
[signature]
Great I look forward to it.
[signature]
Thanks for posting this up Trevor and taking care of the boater signups!
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Bump. [Smile]
[signature]
I'm planning on this again. Great time last year!
[signature]
Trevor,

I'm planning on attending again this year.

-Ryan
[signature]
BFT friends. I really appreciate you all supporting this event each year. What Trevor really needs from this thread is a reply or PM with your boat type, length, and the max number of vets you could take out. If you are volunteering for that please send him that info.

Thank you all again for your great support for this event.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Bump.[Smile]
[signature]
This is maybe 1/10 of the thousands of flags placed at the Utah Veterans Memorial Park for veterans day 2015.

Some gave all, we can give an afternoon back.

Please sign up for this great event!!

God bless.
[signature]
Bump[Smile]
[signature]
I am a disabled vet but would be happy to attend with my boat and carry a couple other vets around for the day...problem is I don't fish the berry...I'll PM Trevor to get on the list...
[signature]
Bump.[Smile]
[signature]
Bump
[signature]
Bump.[Smile]
[signature]
Hi Wiper,

I've had a conflict come up for July 30th and won't be able to make it.

Sorry about that.
[signature]
Bump[Smile]
[signature]
Bump[Smile]
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]In 1776, our Nation’s founders immortalized their vision of a free nation by signing the Declaration of Independence. With an abiding belief in certain unalienable rights—to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness—they sought to create a federal republic separate from Great Britain and founded on a unique blend of traditions and values.[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Today, we hold these truths just as closely, demonstrating our conviction through our service to America. As we recognize and celebrate the 240th anniversary of the birth of our Nation, let us give thanks for the vision of our Founding Fathers, and especially for those who have pledged to serve our country. We especially reflect on those who made the ultimate sacrifice fighting for and helping to preserve our freedoms; and, we express our gratitude to their families who will always bear that most difficult burden.[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Last year, approximately 50,000 Total Force Airmen deployed worldwide, while thousands of Airmen directly supported combatant commander requirements from their home stations. It is with great pride and honor that we join a grateful Nation in thanking each and every one of you for your service and sacrifice. [/font]
[font "Calibri"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Please join me in showing our gratitude for a job well done![/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[signature]

Where: Soldier Creek Marina, Soldier Creek Recreation Area, Strawberry Reservoir

I don't fish strawberry very often but this is a great event for these people that have gave so much for all of us I do have a boat but I was wondering where would we be launching at would it be strawberry bay marina [fishon]
[signature]
The event is held at the Soldier Creed Pavilion and boat's will be launching out of the Soldier Creek Marina.
[signature]