Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good day at Starvation 5-3-16
Hello to all. Wife and I decided to head over to Starvation for some R & R, and some very good trout fishing. Went down past RG to the Strawberry River inlet and back to the murky water. Temp 53F and calm winds and very hungry 'bows. My "green hulk" spinner teamed up with an emerald green dodger and green/chartreuse Deep 6 diver was too much for the bows to resist. But then the orange/chartreuse "sunburst" spinner with a green trolling blade and orange/silver Deep 6 did just a well. Soon had enough trout for the smoker and turned our attention to the 'eyes and perch, but to no avail. It was like the Park Ranger said, eyes and perch are still very slow.
I have found I like the deep6 diver very much. It seems to be very accurate on the depth, ie 1' down for each 2' out and its very easy to handle. I used to use the Jet Divers, but these work better for me and much more convenient than downriggers when fishing the top 30 feet of water. I was introduced to these when fishing the Columbia River last year for Kings. All you need to do for our waters is apply some different colored holographic tape. One last thing ... Strawberry looked completely ice free when I went past. Time for kokanee soon!
Here's some pictures. It was good to be on the water and a lot of fun just trying to keep the bows off the line so the eyes could have their chance. Wife's happy and when she's happy, I'm happy!!!
[signature]
Thanks for the report.

Was it just me or were there no pictures attached?
[signature]
Whoops, I checked the box that said inline. I haven't done that before so that must have been the problem. I'll ad pictures back in tomorrow.
[signature]
53 degrees!!!!! Oh man that is so EXCITING! Thank you for the report. I've been wanting to go get some trout for the smoker but bass fishing other places has been so good for me this year that it's been hard to stop.
[signature]
OK, here's the pictures ...
[signature]
Nice report and pics Fred. Just so you know, you can edit your own post, just as I did and uncheck the inline boxes and the pics will show up.
[signature]
Sounds like you and the MRS. had a good outing at Starvation and got to put some of your new tackle to work. Do you plan on making a trip up to your son's cabin in Idaho this spring? The wife and I have a trip up planned the first week in June. Take care my friend and hope to see you on the water soon.
[signature]
Yep, that looks like just about the same rig I used to catch the bows 3 weeks ago, but I used the downriggers. Glad you got in on the fun.
[signature]
[quote trueblue2]OK, here's the pictures ...[/quote]

021.JPG is one hot set up

I'm making a video of one of your Dodgers at Flaming Gorge you will not believe it.
[signature]
Hi Robert,

Glad to hear the flasher worked well for you and I can't wait to see the video. My wife is so excited to see how the kokes responded to it. Let me know if you want some additional samples to try out when you go to Strawberry. I'm working on a special hot pink Fish Flash for the Strawberry kokes. With any luck I'll get out up there on Saturday.

If you want to do some more videos, just let me know and I'll be there.

Many thanks my friend, Trueblue 2
[signature]
Hi Packfan,

Yes, we will be going to Cascade sometime in June, but I don't have a date yet. I'll let you know when its finalized. Got another trip to Powel next week I think, and right now Strawberry is calling to me soon as the wind lets up.

I promised to send you some dodgers, blades, flashers and lures to field test for me. I'll send you some trout and koke stuff. Please send me a PM with your address so I can get some mailed out to you.

Best regards, Trueblue2
[signature]