Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally got a kayak
So after many years (7?) of wanting a kayak, I finally went and got one. It's the lifetime tamarack angler. Ten foot sit on top, on sale for 269 at big 5, with a 15% coupon it was only 230. Not bad. I'll get a fish finder sometime over the summer, depending on my bank account, but for now I'm just hoping to get out there more regularly and really hone my bass fishing abilities. Probably be heading out of government wash mostly.

To the point: I've only kayaked a handful of times in my life, and never fished out of one at mead, so anything you guys have learned or especially anything Mead specific I would love to know.

Also hoping to take it up to tahoe during my annual "visit the in-laws in Reno" trip in August.
[signature]
Congrats on the new ride!

Tom
[signature]
Hey Aidaninspace , congrats on the yak ! im assuming you have a ride to haul your kayak . With common sence and a two wheel drive you can reach water and launch in some nice coves at government , 8mile , crawdad/boxcar , kingman wash , and many more . The river / Lake Mojave is another place that offers some great fishing as well as some more great places to launch . Good Luck Fishing !
[signature]
Thanks Tom, been meaning to ask you for a while, did your daughter just naturally like fishing or did you do anything in particular to make sure she enjoyed it? I've got a 9-month-old girl and I'm very much hoping to make her my fishing partner someday.

And Mohave, thanks for the advice, glad to know I can still get down to the water in my 2wd explorer.
[signature]
She naturally did/wanted to go. (We started shore fishing when she was 9 or so/she is now almost 16). My youngest daughter (10 now) isn't quite into it yet. She has asked to go a couple times but as far as that has gone. Tough taking both. They end up goofing off all day and driving me nuts. lol I need to get the younger out there one of these days alone to teach her how to cast, etc. All she has done to date is haul in Stripers live bait fishing.

Since the catch rate has gone down as the lake has gone down keeping Madison (the oldest) entertained/focused is one heck of a lot harder these days. Being out there all day casting for only a few fish is hard to do for a kid. She ends up on her phone most of the time these days if the action isn't hot. If I am catching then she is up casting. If not she isn't.

Tom
[signature]