Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is your favorite lure for bas? for trout?
what is your favorite lure for bas? for trout? How do you retrieve it?
[signature]
In my book, small soft plastics rigged on a light ball head jig is hard too beat for any species. I make or modify my own soft plastics, preferring straight tails vs curl tail or shad tail (Mr Twister sells both).
[inline IMG_0135.JPG]

The key to using any light lure is speed of retrieve, depth fished, rod tip imparted action. The above are my best producing lures for six fish species. Only one of the above isn't hand poured and all are rigged on mostly 1/16 oz ball head jigs (always unpainted). If I downsize, I may go to a 1/32 oz jig; if fish are of good quality (general size), I increase length to 2.5" and rig on a 1/8 oz. jig and for deeper water.
[signature]
Been fishing a local lake in the last few days and can not believe the numbers caught on different lures in different colors! Here are a few:

[Image: IMG_0065_zps6lpaw90m.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0063_zpssk3jepyc.jpg]

Soft stick:
[Image: IMG_0034_zpsv68vboqm.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0030_zpsdckeoziu.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0066_zps0hbkyo3z.jpg]

Soft cone tail:
[Image: IMG_0068_zpsp4qymkog.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0067_zps5kwzbrmb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0084_zpsuh9rhute.jpg][Image: winding%20hills_grubs%20that%20worked%20...enb4e5.jpg]

And this 1.5lb catfish on a modified Strike King Joker grub:
[Image: catfish%20on%20joker_%20winding%20Hills_...lhymrz.jpg]

The soft stick and soft cone tail had to be put away: they were catching too many fish and I wanted to try others.
[signature]
Thats a nice problem to have, finding a lure that catches too many fish, so you have to change lures, all fisherman wish they had that kind of problem[cool].
[signature]
Since my last post, I've had great days with numbers above 40 fish. (yesterday - 49 by my belt counter). Granted, this always includes 5 species of fish and sometimes fish caught from schools, but I'd rather target everything and catch fish every hour than one species (say bass) and go without a bite for hours because I couldn't locate active fish of that species. That's not to say that I don't target bass with bass lures. Yesterday I used my j&p to catch 3 - 2 lb plus bass.
[signature]
I haven't had a chance to get out and fish for pan fish since early Spring, so when I got out the other day, i decided to try your plastics again. First drop, I caught a double, I'll be using that double jig setup again the next time I get out[cool].
[signature]
We offer you a nice set of lure combinations

Edit: see the FAQ above for the rules of the site, links are not allowed for new members and are never allowed to advertise, unless you pay for that right.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]I haven't had a chance to get out and fish for pan fish since early Spring, so when I got out the other day, i decided to try your plastics again. First drop, I caught a double, I'll be using that double jig setup again the next time I get out[cool].[/quote]

I don't get email notifications of replies and didn't know you had good results. Great! Found even more tail designs that have amazed me in the number and species of fish caught.

Frank
[signature]
[quote SenkoSam]I don't get email notifications of replies and didn't know you had good results. Great! Found even more tail designs that have amazed me in the number and species of fish caught.
Frank[/quote]

Hey Frank, if you still are using the same Email account that you had when you signed up on BFT, try adding this to your list of contacts in your address book.
webmaster@bigfishtackle.com
Other members, including myself have had that issue and the notifications were going to our spam folder, until we put that in our contact list. I'll also send this to you in a PM.
[signature]
It worked Curt - Thanks.
[signature]
No problem, glad it worked.
[signature]