Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat insurance?
My state-required boat insurance is due to expire in June and I am looking for a new provider. Progressive is my current provider but I can't stand their ubiquitous commercials.... Flo drives me crazy, and for that matter I don't like George Soros either. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

BLK
[signature]
Earlier this year I switched from Allstate to Progressive. I couldn't be happier. I'm getting an "agreed to" amount for my boat, which is more than my boat blue-books for. In addition I'm getting more coverage on tackle, downriggers, etc. So, for less money, Progressive is covering more. I'm not a fan of their commercials, but I can say they have been excellent for my car insurance too. We totaled a car and our rates didn't increase. Check your coverage and what you are getting for your money. But Progressive sure worked out well for me.
[signature]
I just got boat insurance for the first time, and went through Geico Marine. I didn't really know what to expect, but only paid 75$ for a year of liability. I want to say full coverage was 170$ for a year. My boat is a cheap one, though.

That said, I've always had a crush on Flo.
[signature]
Whats wrong with Flo? She's hot!

All my rates went up with progressive after the introductory get you in the door deal. I went back to Farmers, I think they use sub out the boat policies but as BLG said make sure that they can insure it for what it's worth not book price. I wish I could buy Lund boats for book price and sell them for what they go for! Oh ya just kidding about Flo[Sad]
[signature]
Bundling with everything else- added $6 a year for me with Farmers
[signature]
Mine is only $17/yr with Farmers. 18.5ft aluminum 135 HP Evinrude. Might get you an idea what others are paying.
[signature]
I personally would never buy insurance from Progressive. I don't care if my insurance cost a little bit more - I do not support the gun grabbing liberal causes that Progressive co-founder Peter Lewis donates millions to.
[signature]
I am a Farmers Agent and can give you a quote. Thanks, Ken Lance
[signature]